• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Three Places you intend to visit this year that you haven't yet!

Handbanana

Think I can make it to
Wildcat
Bretton Woods
Sugarloaf

Less likely
Jay
Smuggs
Burke

skiNEwhere

Magic OR Smuggs. Haven't been to either, won't be able to visit both so I'll need to decide which one.

Sunlight - Looks like a pretty sweet hole in the wall ski area. I've heard it's never crowded too and holds pow for days, and has some pretty nice glades as well.

Jackson Hole - Tentatively planning a week, 4 days of which I'd be doing the steep and deep clinic. If I get up there I may also hit targee one day.

bluebird

Smuggs - definitely

Black Mt of ME and Saddleback - Will try again to visit in conjunction with the summit (and hope work doesn't get in the way like last year)

Loon
Magic

crank

I have never seen Middlebury College Snowbowl mentioned so many times anywhere ever. What is even weirder is that it is on my list to try this year as well. Kevin and I know an instructor there through our hanging with Epic Ski folks so I plan to hit it and get a tour.

Going to Telluride in Feb.

Don't really have a third new area though I am hoping to skin and ski Mt Moosilauke this winter.

I generally get 1 - 3 new places per year and though I haven't counted in a while I think I have skied about 90 different areas.

BenedictGomez

You've also said you haven't been to Cannon. Which literally has the New England Ski Museum! Consider adding it to that list.

If I ever get to NH, that would be #1 on my list.

Let's form a posse and I'll buy you lunch. Pick a day. Is that enough incentive to get you to MRG?

That would be awesome, but I don't know how realistic it is given the no snowboarding thing and the fact my Vermont trips are usually all carefully choreographed to certain weekends due to the fact my gf is a teacher. If I get to MRG this year (and I hope I do) it will almost certainly be a last minute call when I'm already up in Vermont and the gf's family for some reason cant snowboard.

C-Rex

Wildcat
Whiteface
Gore

I'm also adding in Red Mountain as a non-northeast area. I'm so pumped to go cat-skiing! (actually cat-boarding but I hate saying/typing that)

You guys that haven't been to Jay, if you like trees, you need to get there. Make the effort to go after or during a good snow and you won't be disappointed. Glades for days and they take quite a while (for an eastern area) to get tracked out.

Savemeasammy, maybe plan a Gore/Whiteface trip one weekend?

skiMEbike

I can't keep it to 3...My 5 would be (listed in "priority" & feel free to tell me why I should change my priority):
Cannon,
MRG,
Sugarbush,
Smuggs,
Whiteface

BenedictGomez

I think it may have to do with people getting the Fox44 card.

I have the Fox44 card, but that's not the reason I listed it.

My reason is due to all the positive comments I've read on here about it being pretty empty on Saturdays and supposedly having great tree skiing.

moguler6

I'm also adding in Red Mountain as a non-northeast area. I'm so pumped to go cat-skiing! (actually cat-boarding but I hate saying/typing that)

Red Mountain is awesome! Really really good tree skiing, uncrowded, and great vibe. Be sure to hit a day at Whitewater also.