• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay peak at the end of the week

fbrissette

I've noticed that snowfall totals seem to be inflated more than normal. It has to be a function of the horrible year we are having.

I agree 100%. I'm there every week-end and I have a pan and tilt webcam to follow storms in real-time. Storm totals have always been inflated but it's been ridiculous this year.

gladerider

yeah. went out to ride from 9-2. definitely not what was advertised. woods are open but there are a lot of rocks and stumps exposed. thin cover. gotta be careful. areas skiied out have about 6". some areas have a little better cover than others. i actually expected worse, but had fun.

decided to sit out tomorrow. probably will go out again sunday. def going out monday and tuesday next week.

LONGBOARDR

yeah. went out to ride from 9-2. definitely not what was advertised. woods are open but there are a lot of rocks and stumps exposed. thin cover. gotta be careful. areas skiied out have about 6". some areas have a little better cover than others. i actually expected worse, but had fun.

decided to sit out tomorrow. probably will go out again sunday. def going out monday and tuesday next week.

They have dropped more ropes today, although conditions on those trails opened definitely do not merit it IMO.
about 3 inches of fresh granite by my estimate
groomers are pretty hard and windblown
please snow NOW

fbrissette

They have dropped more ropes today, although conditions on those trails opened definitely do not merit it IMO.
about 3 inches of fresh granite by my estimate
groomers are pretty hard and windblown
please snow NOW

Skied a couple of hours this morning. Conditions are 100 times better than last week, but then, 100 times 0.001 is still close to 0. Opened up milk run right as the ski patrol was dropping the rope. Caught some real good powder on the left side intertwined with ice and rocks. A lot of the runs are marginal but that's still better than unskiable.

Frigid weather this morning. Stayed away from the Flyer.

gladerider

Hiked up goat. Rode down. The windchill was no joke.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

gladerider

yesterday was a fun day.
it rained out today. got a voucher for the day. may ride tomorrow morning.

this season sux

tnt1234

yesterday was a fun day.
it rained out today. got a voucher for the day. may ride tomorrow morning.

this season sux

Please update tomorrow - making the call on weekend trip tomorrow afternoon. thx.

gladerider

Please update tomorrow - making the call on weekend trip tomorrow afternoon. thx.
Ok. Will give you an update mid day.
I can see grass around the condo I'm staying. Not good.

fbrissette

Ok. Will give you an update mid day.
I can see grass around the condo I'm staying. Not good.

We were supposed to see some snow on the back end of this thing, but it does not look good. Heavy rain to come instead starting just about now.

gladerider

I tried to get out today. Got out around 1130 for a first run and started pouring. Unfortunate, cause I ducked the ropes yesterday for the staircase. Think cover but I thought it was doable. Well. This rain would wash.

fbrissette

I tried to get out today. Got out around 1130 for a first run and started pouring. Unfortunate, cause I ducked the ropes yesterday for the staircase. Think cover but I thought it was doable. Well. This rain would wash.

I'm not someone who cares too much about my skis and I certainly don't give a damn about ropes, but in such poor snow conditions going down staircase would not even cross my mind.

gladerider

I'm not someone who cares too much about my skis and I certainly don't give a damn about ropes, but in such poor snow conditions going down staircase would not even cross my mind.
Was not a good decision.
It's raining hard now.

tnt1234

Radar shows rain is gone, but also shows none of the snow that was supposed to follow...

BenedictGomez

That and Everglade would be the 2 worst places you could do that on map.

gladerider

No overnight accumulation. Light flurries. Lots of boilerplate.

Tin

I want to see pics from The Staircase and Valhalla today, then pics of the bottoms of your skis.