• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

considering quebec

tnt1234

I might be at Jay Saturday as well - there or Stowe. Then we might drive to tremblant Sunday morning super early, ski sunday PM, Monday AM, 8 hours home to NJ.

Seems like a lot of hours in the car, but if Stowe/Jay really sucks Saturday, might suck it up and go for it. Tremblant still showing a lot of snow Sunday>Sunday night.

BenedictGomez

Looks like even Tremblant took a hit during this, though I have to imagine it will be skiing much better than NY/Vt/NH.

There is a grooming strategy that is being used after we receive conditions such as rain and today, due to our fantastic grooming team and 10 cm of snow overnight, the mountain is on its way to recovery. Variable surface conditions must be expected due to some area more exposed to strong winds. Please take note that our operating hours may change at any time according to snow conditions and weather.

fbrissette

Looks like even Tremblant took a hit during this, though I have to imagine it will be skiing much better than NY/Vt/NH.

I'm in the Laurentians right now, 20 minutes away from Tremblant and they did receive quite a bit of rain after the snow. There is a solid crust everywhere which means groomers only till the snow this week-end.

KustyTheKlown

lol. pretty solid consensus that jay will have about 4" of fresh on sunday. is that a "powder day"? maybe this year it is. I'm just stoked that they seem to have been able to bounce back from the rain. 78/78 as of an hour ago.

BenedictGomez

lol. pretty solid consensus that jay will have about 4" of fresh on sunday. is that a "powder day"? maybe this year it is. I'm just stoked that they seem to have been able to bounce back from the rain. 78/78 as of an hour ago.

Not seeing that, unless the flurries outperform with elevation, which is possible.

gfs_asnow_neus_10.png
gem_asnow_neus_9.png
namconus_asnow_neus_19.png

KustyTheKlown

Weather.gov, weather.com, Tim Kelleys jay peak report, and opensnow all support it. Regardless, they got new snow to bounce back from the rain, and had more to begin with after last weekend than everybody else. It should be the best vt has to offer this weekend

tnt1234

Was at Jay today - was pretty good in the glades. Trails were hit an miss. By the end of day, pretty windblown.

Really nice snow in the trees, particularly on tram side, though coverage wasn't great everywhere. All in all, a much better day than expected.

It's snowing in Stowe right now. Heading to tremblant in the morning unless snow is 5" or more....

yeggous

This Sunday is definitely not going to be a powder day at Jay Peak.

This Sunday is an amazing powder day at Jay Peak. I am there now 8" or so of dry mid weight powder. Everything is skiing great. Trails, glades, everything.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

fbrissette

This Sunday is an amazing powder day at Jay Peak. I am there now 8" or so of dry mid weight powder. Everything is skiing great. Trails, glades, everything.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Yep. 6-8 definitely. Best day of the year without a doubt.

KustyTheKlown

having a blast out here. green pants, black jacket, moment skis, black helmet with ski the east and worth stickers. say hi. I'm in tram line now

BenedictGomez

6-8" overnight at Jay. Benedict Gomez, eat a bag of dicks

Seriously? Are you 16 years old, or just low-class swill?

Awesome! Let us know how the coverage is in Staircase and Everglades. Would like to know if the "dangers" are covered in there yet.

KustyTheKlown

No. You're just an asshole who spoke with certainty and was proven wrong. and Everglade skied wonderfully unless you're a prissy little girl