• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skio Carnage

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
RIP B2's , served me well . Was a great day at Blue ! Made snow on the bumps and had a bunch of great runs albeit very firm bumps. First run out after lunch 1/4 way down Challenge went out of my line to avoid a skier down hill 50' away and cut across a deep trough . Skis stopped and Double eject or so I thought. wiped snow off my glasses and saw one ski still on?
First thing I though of was BDftunas ski still attached theory .

IMG_4803.jpgIMG_4797.jpg One pair of 4yr old Dukes for sale , slide rail missing a 1/4" up front.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
IMG_4821.jpgIMG_4822.jpg
Plate bindings... Then again, hitting at that speed would be tough on any.

Post mortem ...looks like the break was under the plate and behind the screws, thought I may have weakened the skis when I mounted the 2nd pair of bindings. The front two holes were close but off a little so I dilled them out and used inserts. It doesn't look like that made a difference.

bdfreetuna

Nice to hear you thought of me lol

I was glad my skis were still attached this weekend at Jay, I hit a solid chunk on the side of the trail with one tip and ended up doing the splits real quick before doing a cartwheel. Right under the Flyer. Was pretty glad my skis were still on because one of them has a broken brake and I could see that thing flying down the whole mountain if it came off.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Nice to hear you thought of me lol

I was glad my skis were still attached this weekend at Jay, I hit a solid chunk on the side of the trail with one tip and ended up doing the splits real quick before doing a cartwheel. Right under the Flyer. Was pretty glad my skis were still on because one of them has a broken brake and I could see that thing flying down the whole mountain if it came off.

First year I had them I still had the demo bindings and they damn near F'ed me up big time . Was an icy day at Tucks blew a heel pretty high up , out of the corner of my eye I saw the ski 10' up in the air, not only did I have to avoid it but ended up going 100' on one ski till I lost it. Onto my back and other ski grabbed something and got whipped over my head. Thankfully someone sent my other ski down . I was in too much pain to climb up .

I'm still on the fence about your theory but does make me imagine scenarios. But so far I'm 0 for 2 .

Blanton

You did extremely well to get that many years out of a foam core ski in the moguls. Have a look at the Hart Classics.

Also, two thumbs up for not snapping the tails off from back seat skiing.