• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First signs that ski season is near

cdskier

Jully

Still warmer than average, but 3-5 degrees F below last year. I'm not sure how much above average last year was, but hopefully we don't have substantial thaws!

Cornhead

Great lakes water temps are 5-8f above normal. Could have some really crazy extended lake affect ?

Snow Ridge baby, didn't lose any weight, but I've now got a pair of skis that stick out an inch from either side of the bindings, bring it on!

benski

Snow Ridge baby, didn't lose any weight, but I've now got a pair of skis that stick out an inch from either side of the bindings, bring it on!

Excited to try that place out this year! Bring my skis up to college this weekend incase it dumps before thanksgiving.

Cornhead

Excited to try that place out this year! Bring my skis up to college this weekend incase it dumps before thanksgiving.

You'll love it, not much vert, but boy does it deliver in light fluffy powder, a foot is a dusting at Snow Ridge. Check Liftopia for deals, last year we got tickets for $12, my share of gas was $14, so for $26 I skied 22" of powder, gotta love it!

benski

You'll love it, not much vert, but boy does it deliver in light fluffy powder, a foot is a dusting at Snow Ridge. Check Liftopia for deals, last year we got tickets for $12, my share of gas was $14, so for $26 I skied 22" of powder, gotta love it!

Does it get crowded? I assume its empty on weekdays.

Tin

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_49.png

cdskier

Too funny...I'll be in VT that weekend with my brother and sister-in-law. Last year we went the same weekend and it snowed. I just teased her earlier today that maybe it will snow again when we are there. She wasn't too thrilled about the idea...

Cornhead

Does it get crowded? I assume its empty on weekdays.

They usually only have one chair running, so the lift line does get long, but in almost never stops, it is slow, but it doesn't take long to be lifted 500ft. Gotta break out as soon as you load to get a toke or two in.😁 Never feels crowded once off the chair.

benski

They usually only have one chair running, so the lift line does get long, but in almost never stops, it is slow, but it doesn't take long to be lifted 500ft. Gotta break out as soon as you load to get a toke or two in.[emoji16] Never feels crowded once off the chair.
Even on weekends? I assume they have the t bar open every day.

Jully

Wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be great to have 3 or even 4 areas open in October? SR, K, Wildcat, and Bretton Woods. That would really show the public that the 15-16 season is gone.

Will never happen though. Not cost effective for sure

dlague

Wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be great to have 3 or even 4 areas open in October? SR, K, Wildcat, and Bretton Woods. That would really show the public that the 15-16 season is gone.

Will never happen though. Not cost effective for sure

Do not want to jinx the upcoming winter. Several years ago we got a significant snowfall event at the end of October and it seemed like it never snowed again except for 3-4 inches here and there. New England is due for a major storm for sure though.