• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

Smellytele

SKI show deal - Bolton Valley
Bolton Valley Four Packs will be available for purchase at the show for just $100. The Four Packs are loaded with four lift tickets that you can use any day this season, with no blackout dates. The Four Pack is not available online and can only be purchased at the show. There is a limit of one pack per person. The card holder must be present to redeem the tickets when at Bolton Valley. However, the holder may redeem multiple tickets per day up to the number remaining on the card.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
SKI show deal - Bolton Valley
Bolton Valley Four Packs will be available for purchase at the show for just $100. The Four Packs are loaded with four lift tickets that you can use any day this season, with no blackout dates. The Four Pack is not available online and can only be purchased at the show. There is a limit of one pack per person. The card holder must be present to redeem the tickets when at Bolton Valley. However, the holder may redeem multiple tickets per day up to the number remaining on the card.

$39 Lift Ticket Coupons
We'll be handing out coupons valid for a $39 lift ticket any day this season. This is perfect for skiers and riders who are not in need of lodging but still want a great deal. Swing by our booth and take as many as you like. We'll see you on the slopes this winter.

bdfreetuna

Bolton Valley's deals are half the reason I go.

Def grabbing that $100 4 pack and a grip of $39 coupons while I'm at it.

Smellytele

any inside scope on summit county discounts? might be out in April and would rather not pay window again @ Breckenridge.

Very hard to come by. I got some by doing a time share sit down. (Never went on the actual tour) It was about an hour and a half. got 2 tix for free and bought 2 others for 75 for the 2 of them. Well worth an hour and a half saved 565 bucks. My time is worth less than 375 an hour.
The next time I got a friend and family passholders "discount". 100 bucks instead of 160.

dlague

any inside scope on summit county discounts? might be out in April and would rather not pay window again @ Breckenridge.

Vail resorts are tough! The best opportunity there is buying >7 days in advance online or via liftopia - not a huge savings but probably 30%. If you plan on skiing only Breckenridge then there are multiple day products like the Epic four day pass for $439 right now. If you want to add in A Basin and Loveland then order the Gems Card and get a 2 for 1 per card at each ski area or 30% off a single ticket. You can also night ski at Keystone for about $60. They do a lot of timeshare sales and if you can get an appointment then they will put you up for four days and provide lift tickets too and all you pay is $99 and a couple hours.

http://www.coloradoski.com/shop/shop/gems-card/

skiNEwhere

Hit me up if you come out here and I can get you one of those "discounted" Breck passes for $109

Jully

FOX44 card - 149 http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/ski-and-ride-guide

Titus, Burke, Cannon, Whiteface, Middlebry Snow Bowl, Gore, Bolton Valley, S6, Owl's head, MRG, Bretton Woods and Smugglers Notch

*Blackout Dates;
- All Mountains - 12/21/16 - 1/3/17
- All Mountains - 1/14/17 - 1/16/17
- All Mountains - 2/17/17 - 2/26/17
Card expires April 31st, 2017

Better than last year it seems! No counter this year either that I can see. BG called that one from a mile away.

BenedictGomez

Better than last year it seems! No counter this year either that I can see. BG called that one from a mile away.

Never a wise business decision to highlight failure and/or let customers know supply is high.

I think I'll probably pass again even though it's $20 cheaper this year. I KNOW I'd use it at Gore, Smuggs, and Whiteface, but that's $49.67/ticket, which is expensive. I might be able to get to MRG as well, but even then, that's $37.50/ticket, which is decent. Great deal if you live in Vermont and will travel to NY & NH as well.

deadheadskier

Staff member
From where I live and as someone who primarily does day trips, the addition of Bretton Woods is actually more appealing than Jay. I have day tripped Jay a few times since living here and it's just a long ass day. Also tough to find good deals at BW on weekends peak season. With the price drop this is a much improved product.

Smellytele

From where I live and as someone who primarily does day trips, the addition of Bretton Woods is actually more appealing than Jay. I have day tripped Jay a few times since living here and it's just a long ass day. Also tough to find good deals at BW on weekends peak season. With the price drop this is a much improved product.

The BW is not good on Saturdays I noticed

dlague

I hear you on that one.we have also day tripped Jay Peak from Concord. 2 hrs 20 mn one way was tough. BW does work out well unless you are a diehard BW is not good enough and rather have Jay type of skier.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
I hear you on that one.we have also day tripped Jay Peak from Concord. 2 hrs 20 mn one way was tough. BW does work out well unless you are a diehard BW is not good enough and rather have Jay type of skier.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Jay's terrain certainly has more appeal for me, but at 3.5 hours, it's way further than I prefer to travel for a day trip. My plans are pretty well set for this season, so I don't see myself buying the card, but it might get consideration again for next year.