• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre Chair 7 down?

tnt1234

What's up with Chair 7? Saw that it went down over the weekend and they had to hustle to open the Super Chief up and running. Looks like it's still down.

Anyone know the story?

nysskier

What's up with Chair 7? Saw that it went down over the weekend and they had to hustle to open the Super Chief up and running. Looks like it's still down.

Anyone know the story?

The drive motor broke down. It was rebuilt over the summer and is at the shop being serviced. Unfortanate should be waranty
ed

tnt1234

They have bad luck with lifts - about 50% of the time I am there, there is at least one closure for maintenance in the middle of the busy day.

Hawkshot99

When lift 7 closed they had to stop operations on the Saturday or Sunday. They still needed to do several hours of maintenance on super chief. They never got it done, so didn't reopen.
How do they not do this week over summer? The more that changes at Belleayre, the more things stay the same....

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

I was there, glad they started loading a half hour early, got 6 runs in. Went to Hunter after the lift broke. I was on my buddy's Dick's ISKINY gold card, they wouldn't give me a voucher. My friend GD was there for ski council day, they gave him a $39 credit. I thought that was pretty cheesy, should've got an anytime voucher.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

Bandit2941

When lift 7 closed they had to stop operations on the Saturday or Sunday. They still needed to do several hours of maintenance on super chief. They never got it done, so didn't reopen.
How do they not do this week over summer? The more that changes at Belleayre, the more things stay the same....

Actually they opened Lift 6 at 3PM Sunday. Lift 7 went down around 10 AM so yes no upper mountain chair for most of the day.

Wife and I were on the last chair to the top when it went down. As other posters said, they sent the motor out to be rebuilt over the Summer and one of the bearings that was replaced failed. Stuff happens.

Hawkshot99

Actually they opened Lift 6 at 3PM Sunday. Lift 7 went down around 10 AM so yes no upper mountain chair for most of the day.

Wife and I were on the last chair to the top when it went down. As other posters said, they sent the motor out to be rebuilt over the Summer and one of the bearings that was replaced failed. Stuff happens.
What us lift 6? They don't call any chair on the map that. And who the he'll will wait 5 hrs for another lift? Will Belleayre pay my bar tab if I sit there all day waiting?

Bandit2941

What us lift 6? They don't call any chair on the map that. And who the he'll will wait 5 hrs for another lift? Will Belleayre pay my bar tab if I sit there all day waiting?

Lift 6 is the Superchief. Yes it's on the snow report as Superchief Quad 6. Most locals and employees just refer to it as "6." Tomahawk is lift 8.

No they didn't pay our bar tab but they do buy back!!!