• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

K passes 12-13

skiur

Unlimited
Adult $1049; Youth $699; Senior $699; Child $39

If you’re chomping at the bit for first tracks, then you know you’re going to need unlimited access to both Killington and Pico Mountain. If you plan to be making turns at least 13 days a year, the Unlimited Pass is as necessary to your kit as gloves and goggles. Not only do you get full access to the mountain every day of the winter season, but you’ll receive some sweet perks and discounts too, like Summer 2012 K-1 Express Gondola Rides*, Mountain Bike Park use*, 15% off on food and beverage purchases and more.

*Summer benefits are only applicable to passes which have been paid in full

Age is determined by how old you will be as of November 1, 2012: Adult (19-64 years old), Youth (7-18 years old), Senior (65+ years old) and Child (6 and under).

Buy Now

Blackout
Pass
$729 (All ages)

You need more than 10 days of skiing and riding this season, and you don’t mind avoiding the busiest times of the year. The Blackout Pass is valid all season long with the exception of 17 blackout days (12/24 - 12/31/12; 1/19 - 1/20/13; 2/16 - 2/22/13). Good for all ages at Killington and Pico Mountain, this pass even comes with three floating days to be used on any blackout day you choose. There are other perks too, like 10% off on food and beverage purchases.

Buy Now
Midweek
Pass
$429 (All ages)

Monday morning might just turn into your favorite time of the week when you skip the routine with a Midweek Pass! Valid Monday through Friday at Killington and Pico Mountain, the Midweek Pass is good for getting powder all season long with the exception of certain peak days (12/24 - 12/31/12; 2/18 - 2/22/13).

NIce to see they got rid of the blackouts at the end of pres week, and 3 floaters this year. Also reinstated the food and bev discount on blackouts. Was Turkey day blacked out this year?

snoseek

Actually isn't it only $50 more than last season?

Well then this season was expensive too!!!!

Oh man, am I going to start another killington whinefest...hope not!

Even Utah passes are cheaper and Utah is pricy

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well then this season was expensive too!!!!

Oh man, am I going to start another killington whinefest...hope not!

Even Utah passes are cheaper and Utah is pricy

:lol:

I can't recall if Killington was $999 or $1049 early bird rate last season. I know that Sugarbush went up to $1049. They will probably be in that range this season as well. Yeah, it's sad when Snowbird and Alta are cheaper. Park City and Deer Valley are certainly not!

Canyons was practically giving away passes to locals last season. The price was good, but I could not bring myself to ski at the Canyons. :puke:

gmcunni

so if K opens late Nov and stay open until end of april you get 24 weeks of skiing

if you average 2 days per week you end up @ $22 / day, not too bad. add extra days for week long vacation and price gets even better.

steamboat1

Same early pricing as last year. They added 1 floating day to blackout passes, 3 next season 2 this season. No blackout the weekend after Presidents week which they blacked out this year. They added a 1.5% surcharge if you chose the spread out payment plan. Added a 10% discount for food & beverage to the black out pass (15% with unlimited pass). Mid week pass remains the same. I'm happy.

Last year they went up 30 bucks on the mid week pass (+ tax). I don't recall last years increase to the other passes.

thetrailboss

Staff member
There are no price changes at all from this season to next and they added more benifits and reduced fee's if you wish to make payments rather than pay all at once.

Thanks. I actually thought I saw on KZone that they increased the fee for the payment plan....maybe not.

steamboat1

Thanks. I actually thought I saw on KZone that they increased the fee for the payment plan....maybe not.
They never had this surcharge before. Not that I use it.

Payment Plan Passes

Opt for the Summer Payment Plan and pay one-third of the cost of your pass in addition to a 1.5% payment plan fee at time of checkout, one-third on June 30th and the final third on August 30th. Please note: you will be required to accept Resort Charge during the checkout process to purchase passes on the payment plan.

skiur

They never had this surcharge before. Not that I use it.

Payment Plan Passes

Opt for the Summer Payment Plan and pay one-third of the cost of your pass in addition to a 1.5% payment plan fee at time of checkout, one-third on June 30th and the final third on August 30th. Please note: you will be required to accept Resort Charge during the checkout process to purchase passes on the payment plan.

last year it was a $25 fee to use the payment plan, this year its 1.5%. Cant complain about the pass price this year, I get the blackout, and its the same price as last year plus I get a third floater and 2 less blackout days.

steamboat1

last year it was a $25 fee to use the payment plan, this year its 1.5%. Cant complain about the pass price this year, I get the blackout, and its the same price as last year plus I get a third floater and 2 less blackout days.
Sorry didn't realize they had a $25 surcharge last year. Like I said I don't use it.

Actually that's pretty cool they added the 3rd floating day. This year was the 1st year they blacked out the weekend after Pres. week. Guess they received a lot of flack over that for them to revert back to old policy. It was one of the better weekends of the year with all the fresh snow.

Last edited:

mondeo

Same early pricing as last year. They added 1 floating day to blackout passes, 3 next season 2 this season. No blackout the weekend after Presidents week which they blacked out this year. They added a 1.5% surcharge if you chose the spread out payment plan. Added a 10% discount for food & beverage to the black out pass (15% with unlimited pass). Mid week pass remains the same. I'm happy.

Last year they went up 30 bucks on the mid week pass (+ tax). I don't recall last years increase to the other passes.
It was $50 last year for the blackouts and unlimiteds, to the $730/$1050. I'm not surprised the F&B discount got added back in, I for one have spent under $10 in F&B this year compared to maybe $100 last year.

Any word if there will be a mogul competition next year?

RENO

Yeah, last season it was $25 per order (not pass). With us usually going with the Blackout and Midweek pass it will be less this year with the 1.5%, but if you purchase several passes for your family it will most likely cost you a little more this season. Glad they at least kept the prices the same. I guess with the crappy season they figured we better keep it as is. Last season was a great snow season so they figured they could get some extra cash outta you!

steamboat1

They added Christmas eve & day. But getting the weekend after Pres. week is still better.