• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Injury Roster 2011 / 2012 Ski Season

Cornhead

Injury free...so far, I may yet head to Mt. Washington for some turns, so I don't want to count my chickens.

4aprice

2011-2012 was bad in many ways. For me I had two issues. Came down with a case of back spasems in January. Don't know what I did aside from maybe sleep in an odd position but they are a pain and can be really debilitating. For me they lasted about 2 weeks. February I tweeked pretty badly an already weak knee on Barneys Bumps at Blue. Twisted backwards on a bad ice patch. It bothered me some for the rest of the season. Been doing exercises with it over the warm weather season and it feels much better now.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

speden

Nothing serious for me this year, just a sprained calf muscle which made me miss a little time.

JimG.

Staff member
I have hurt myself in season's past, but it's funny how I usually feel great all season and then once I hang my skis up all these weird aches and pains come out. And usually one area gets tweaked a bit somehow.

This past season there is a weird ache in the outside of my shoulder where my collar bone joins my shoulder blade. Just one really small spot. And it's almost like a buzzing feeling. It's starting to fade.

Sucks to get old.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think I have a pinched nerve in my left pinky toe/the toe next to it. Doesn't always act up but if it does especially when I'm in my boot it kills. I took a day off one morning when it was killing me just to walk around barefoot. Really weird.

Other than that I haven't had a serious injury in awhile. Maybe I'm not pushing myself hard enough :)

dartmouth01

Full acl tear and lateral meniscus tear with a bone bruise. Happened in mid feb landing a small jump onto a hard icy landing at gunstock. I'm 9 weeks post op at this point, moving around decently but still some pain. Not allowed to do any physical activity besides PT for another 3 weeks....

jimmywilson69

I got run over by a snowboarder, and hurt my thumb. luckily this is all that was hurt, however it still lingers today. I kept re-agrevating all winter long anytime I would use a catchers mit to catch pitchers on my son's travel baseball team during winter workouts.

Nothing like getting run over by a snowboarder while standing on the side of trail, practically in the woods, waiting for your son...

Skimaine

Broke my wrist in early March. Slipped on a patch of ice . . . . . In my backyard. Most people assume I did it skiing. Needed a plate and screws to put everything back together. Now it is impacting my golf game. At least when some asks "what is your handicap" I can tell them my broken wrist.

Cornhead

Broke my wrist in early March. Slipped on a patch of ice . . . . . In my backyard. Most people assume I did it skiing. Needed a plate and screws to put everything back together. Now it is impacting my golf game. At least when some asks "what is your handicap" I can tell them my broken wrist.

That sucks, I slipped on black ice in my parking lot once, I had my hands in my coat pockets, and couldn't break my fall. I fell flat on my back, the whiplash slammed my head into the black top. I have no hair on my head, so there wasn't even that for padding. I started looking around and noticed everything was blurry, I was waiting to go into convulsions, then I realized my glasses were under my car, duh. No permanent damage...that I'm aware of. I was pretty loopy before this happened, nothing's changed.

jrmagic

Nothing too serious. I had a nice wipeout in February and sprained my ankle and tweaked my knee. I get some occasional pain from rotating the knee and the ankle is now at about 90%. Its amazing how much slower things heal in my mid 40s as compared to jsut a few yers ago.

drjeff

Once the nail on my left big toe grows out in a few months from a good case of mogul induced toe bang that happened mid March, I'm all good. Other than that nothing to write home about injury wise from last season.

Who knows, there might just be something to that concept of improved fitness = decreased aches/pains/injuries afterall! ;)

4aprice

Who knows, there might just be something to that concept of improved fitness = decreased aches/pains/injuries afterall! ;)

I don't know drjeff. I workout every weekday year round and my injuries are still taking longer to heal. Something about crossing that 50 barrier in my mind.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

powhunter

Once the nail on my left big toe grows out in a few months from a good case of mogul induced toe bang that happened mid March, I'm all good. Other than that nothing to write home about injury wise from last season.

Ha Ha no shit??? My left toe is black also from banging bumps!

Steveo