Bretton Woods? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bretton Woods?

Thanks for all the info. I have skied Cannon, Wildcat, and Attitash in Northern NH. I am always interested in trying new ski areas and never been to Bretton. Thought I might give it a try for $17 on Monday especially with the new snow. I'm guessing the glades will have plenty of coverage even if they are tracked up pretty good. For $17 I figure I'll get my moneys worth.

I plan to be there too. Or rather, hope to make it sometime tomorrow.

Not sure what time though. My car had started having some loud noise from underneath just as I was on my way there. So I have to have it looked at first thing tomorrow morning. Hoping it's something minor that they can tie/glue/weld back on together quickly, I might still make it there with good time.

It's suppose to be wicked cold so hopefully it'll be a bit warmer later part of the day (if I make it)

We often kid around about the trails at Bretton Woods. You make two turns - one to get on the lift and one to get off the lift. In all fairness, there groomers are wide and you can get some really good speed without worrying about other skiers or boarders. There are also some areas that can be interesting but they are quick and short and can have long runouts. The glades that are most interesting are to skiers right (Rosebrook Glades). I do not think that there is anything really challenging from what I have skied, but we ski there with a chill attitude. for the most part, the glades can be skied faster and are more playful than the more serious glades at other resorts.

BTW, we skied there yesterday and the runs were fast, the woods were hard but skiable. It must have been busy Saturday, because I did not see any untracked anywhere.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information