What the heck is going on at Magic? - Page 212

AlpineZone

Page 212 of 341 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3405

What the heck is going on at Magic?

Quote Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
    from magic's facebook page, 10/2/15:
    "The Red chair is in the inspection process and it looks like it will be ready for completion in the middle of October when the power for the lifts is turned back on."

-- no one noticed until now that there is insufficient carriage and/or counterweight clearance?
    -- has an evac demo been demonstated to the lift inspector?

from marketing director:
    "Black needs a new bumper guard on the base station and a summit bullwheel alignment in addition to some line work."

-- how does a bullwheel go out of alignment?
    Isn't it possible that the inspection process found the counterweight issue?

Our plan for White Out Pass holders is to make their passes valid for spring weekends in March. We're still finalizing that plan, should be on the website this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    I think all of the questions being raised are valid but why bother asking them if you are going to be a douchebag? Does anyone think they are actually helping the cause or getting closer to the truth? Having 10 people rehash the same shit over and over doesn't help.

Shane -

I have a question, will Magic be doing anything for White Out pass holders since Christmas vacation is off the table? Someone on Facebook said yes but to stay tuned. Do you have any insight to this? Will there be additional days added?
    My opinion doesn't matter for spit but some added days makes a lot more sense than any cash back if that was being considered.

What the heck is going on at Magic?

Quote Originally Posted by magicsales View Post
    Our plan for White Out Pass holders is to make their passes valid for spring weekends in March. We're still finalizing that plan, should be on the website this week.
    Very nice to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by magicsales View Post
    That makes me very happy. Some mountains would probably just tell you that you are SOL

Quote Originally Posted by jrmagic View Post
    My opinion doesn't matter for spit but some added days makes a lot more sense than any cash back if that was being considered.
    Better for me anyway. I prefer added terrain vs holiday vacation. I would never expect monetary compensation.

I don't know who the douchebags are. Spell them out please. However, Tom Barker seems to be running this place from somewhere in the shadows with a false promise here or there. Black lift a year ago? Hello?

I am just not going to "polite" anymore as my money swirls around the drain.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    I think all of the questions being raised are valid but why bother asking them if you are going to be a douchebag? Does anyone think they are actually helping the cause or getting closer to the truth? Having 10 people rehash the same shit over and over doesn't help.

Shane -

I have a question, will Magic be doing anything for White Out pass holders since Christmas vacation is off the table? Someone on Facebook said yes but to stay tuned. Do you have any insight to this? Will there be additional days added?

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Isn't it possible that the inspection process found the counterweight issue?
    Should have been found by a competent lift maintenance crew, long before they called for an inspection.

How can one possibly know enough about Magic to ski there, buy a pass, complain on online forums, and still be surprised that they struggle to open? I mean I love the mountain, but they're pretty much the most shoestring operation in the state. Lift problems are practically an annual tradition. Surely by now it should be obvious that buying a pass involves somewhat more risk than it does elsewhere.

They are complaining because they are being lied to and they know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a question for Shane. What happened with the sale of the mountain. Who was trying to buy it? Why did the sale fall through? People seemed very excited about a regime change.

Thread Information