• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016/2017 Season Passes

Jully

Both resorts tend to attract a similar type of skier/family. I personally think they'd do pretty well on a pass together. Maybe they compete too much to consider offering one though?

podunk77

Two places I've always wished would get a little more realistic/competitive with their season pass pricing are Black Mountain (NH) and Dartmouth Skiway. Neither offers a midweek pass -- which I totally don't understand -- leaving only adult season pass options in $500 - $550 range. I wonder if the advent of the Peak pass will lead smaller areas to cooperate with one another in devising future pass options.

Attitash did such a great job blowing snow this year that I swore my allegiance to them even before the Peak pass details were released.

Edd

Attitash did such a great job blowing snow this year that I swore my allegiance to them even before the Peak pass details were released.

Skied Attitash today and, considering the season, they're in great shape with trail coverage. Snow was cream cheese today.

delco714

Must've been the Bronze....it's a heck of a markup to ski with any weekenders eh'....... They get away with murder in their pricing schemas = No Competition....but for weekend outdoor exercise, until the woods get good cover, what is one to do....
Local's Wednesdays are nice if you can make the time.
Silver..and yeah we only go weekends.. Fuck..we went up only two times this year..last time was presidents week and we had to fucking pay for the passes. :(

VTKilarney

Q Burke just posted this on their website. Passes go on sale tomorrow.

2016/17 Pricing will include three tiers again this year and passholders will be happy to learn our Q Burke season passes have remained the same, not a single increase across all Q Burke only products! Some incentives to help you decide:

First tier pass purchaser benefits (March 11th through May 9th)

Q Burke Only Products: Receive two FREE buddy passes (two non-blackout winter day lift tickets) with every purchase AND the ability to purchase a Vermonter rate ticket ($45.00 full day lift ticket) for any of your friends (non-holiday) almost any time during the season! Additionally, check out the Q Burke Bike Park this year for just $99.00 (Adult season pass) and pickup a Junior season pass for just $49.00.

Judge Pass Purchasers: Receive one (1) Great Big Kingdom Card with every purchase! The Great Big Kingdom card includes three multi-mountain full day lift tickets that you can use all at once or one at a time to either Jay Peak Resort or Q Burke. Judge Pass Purchases also can purchase an adult Q Burke Bike Park season pass for just $99.00 and/or a junior season pass for just $49.00

Good news that there is no price increase at least for Q-Burke. Last year the early purchase rate was $599. Not the cheapest for what you get, but what can you do. The two free tickets is a new perk, IIRC.

wtcobb

Q Burke just posted this on their website. Passes go on sale tomorrow.

Good news that there is no price increase at least for Q-Burke. Last year the early purchase rate was $599. Not the cheapest for what you get, but what can you do. The two free tickets is a new perk, IIRC.

Is the Vermonter rate $45 with the pass only? This year it's $52.

dlague

Well it looks like I will be buying one of these options next season. Right now - thinking Epic Local

PassOption1.jpg

Tin

Elk Mountain looks like my only option. $785 because no college option, my MRG/Bush pass was $329 last year. Still the same difference from NVT mountains as I was in RI at least...

giphy.gif

Jcb890

Not sure they released their prices for next year. Well maybe not their early buy price. Did they?

He posted a photo with prices above, so I was just looking at those.

I think his plan is to move this your if I've read his posts correctly

Ah, that makes much more sense then. $609 for unlimited access to all those places seems pretty reasonable if you live in the area.

VTKilarney

The Judge Pass is the same price as last year. $749 for early purchasers. They clearly do not believe that the Peak Resorts pass is any competition. It's not as if Montrealers are going to drive to Mt. Snow.