New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017? - Page 12

AlpineZone

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Drove by it yesterday. I'll be amazed if it can open by then.

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
    Corruption at it's best!!!!!!!!!
    NEVER SUMMER!

I'm quite skeptical it would open in time, but I would love to make some turns on a hot humid day this summer. Anybody know what kind of vertical this place is supposed to be and how steep? In my mind I expect something along the lines of snowshed at K. Even if that is all it is, I would still look forward to cool off skiing on a hot summer day. Any idea of what a lift ticket will cost?

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    I'm quite skeptical it would open in time, but I would love to make some turns on a hot humid day this summer. Anybody know what kind of vertical this place is supposed to be and how steep? In my mind I expect something along the lines of snowshed at K. Even if that is all it is, I would still look forward to cool off skiing on a hot summer day. Any idea of what a lift ticket will cost?
    The slope will supposedly be 800 feet long and the building is 16 stories high...so probably somewhere between 100 and 150 feet of vertical.

No idea on cost...

Hope it opens this summer. Would be perfect for preseason warm up and to dial in my new ski boots.

Looks like they will open in phases, with the retail mall opening first. So perhaps that is what we will see at the end of summer. As for the ski building, the exterior looks like it hasn't been touched yet, so seriously doubting it will open anytime this year at the least. Would think their priorities would be for the water park / amusement park / movie stuff first after retail, which will draw far more people (myself excluded).

From a drone flyover and news report last week:

"From the drone footage, it looks like the water park -- its colorful slides protruding and adjacent atrium roof still lacking glass -- has a long way to go before water will be added. The original plan was for the DreamWorks water park to open several months after the rest of the complex. Its unclear how or if the opening will be phased.

But a lot of the other sections of the 3-million-square-foot development are fully enclosed -- including The Collections, a more than 400,000-square-foot area that will be occupied by upscale retailers such as Barneys New York and Saks Fifth Avenue and covered with a glass roof to create an outdoor atmosphere in a year-round climate.

The ski slope -- its gaudy red, yellow and orange color scheme leftover from the development’s Xanadu days -- is still awaiting a makeover. Renderings provided by the developer, Triple Five, have shown it will be white, like the rest of the complex."
    Last edited by njdiver85; Apr 3, 2019 at 10:24 AM.

a 400,000 sq ft mall when brick and mortar retail is in a death spiral. Sounds good.

I guess they are hoping mom and dad drop their kids at the water park and spend the day shopping.

drop a few gambling $$ on a game and ski. might work.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    a 400,000 sq ft mall when brick and mortar retail is in a death spiral. Sounds good.

I guess they are hoping mom and dad drop their kids at the water park and spend the day shopping.
    The plans are for 45% retail and 55% entertainment.

If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    Corruption at it's best!!!!!!!!!
    How Federal indictments werent handed out like candy, I'll never know, other than somehow the Feds never got involved.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information