The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 272

AlpineZone

Page 272 of 275 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2742
  1. #2711
    To everyone complaining about not being able to use unused lift tickets: does anybody know what the mountain looks like today? Is there even snow anymore after the rain and today's 60 degree temperatures? I wouldn't be surprised if last weekend was the final weekend of skiing, COVID-19 or not.


  2. #2712
    NY DirtBag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mecox, NY / Bondville, VT
    Posts
    602
    Anyone know if the lift install is still a go this year?

    If so, Magic will be installing one more lift this year than all of Vail corp.

  3. #2713
    Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    Anyone know if the lift install is still a go this year?

    If so, Magic will be installing one more lift this year than all of Vail corp.

    It's already 90 percent done. And the latest update says they still plan on finishing it

  4. #2714
    Newpylong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upper Valley, NH
    Posts
    3,162
    Oh it is far from 90% done. There's a lot more to a lift install than steel.

  5. #2715
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    28,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Oh it is far from 90% done. There's a lot more to a lift install than steel.
    I was going to say that I thought they still had a ways to go....


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  6. #2716
    Is installing a lift considered essential? I wouldn't think so.

  7. #2717
    Slidebrook87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    NYC area/Mad River Valley VT
    Posts
    415
    They still have to do the motor room, tensioning, haul rope, chairs, return bullwheel, controls, comm lines, ramps, etc. There’s still quite a bit to do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #2718
    Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    Is installing a lift considered essential? I wouldn't think so.
    Construction has been deemed essential down here in MA, but Magic or the contractor might decide to hold for now.
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

  9. #2719
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Construction has been deemed essential down here in MA, but Magic or the contractor might decide to hold for now.
    Construction is not considered essential in MA as of 3-31. Also magic is not in MA so it is a moot point anyway.

  10. #2720
    Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    Construction is not considered essential in MA as of 3-31. Also magic is not in MA so it is a moot point anyway.
    you are very incorrect about MA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:13 PM.