• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

sunday march 11 MRG

2knees

got this day open. thinking MRG cause i've never been. it'll be a long day trip and was hoping to hook up with someone who knows the place.

if conditions suck at that time, i'll probably just head to killington to use up my asc gift cards.

JimG.

Staff member
got this day open. thinking MRG cause i've never been. it'll be a long day trip and was hoping to hook up with someone who knows the place.

if conditions suck at that time, i'll probably just head to killington to use up my asc gift cards.

I'll be there 3/3-3/7.

JimG.

Staff member
Thought you might have some wiggle room to change the date...no need to get testy.

You sound like you need to play a nice game of lawn darts. I know I could use some play time.

2knees

Thought you might have some wiggle room to change the date...no need to get testy.

You sound like you need to play a nice game of lawn darts. I know I could use some play time.

dude i used the winky which goes against everything i stand for. i was totally kidding.

i WISH i has wiggle room but the wife and kids are out of town that one day and she already gave me the green light for the 11th.

Greg

Staff member
I'm returning from the MRV that Friday before so I can't cruise with ya then, but that doesn't help you too much either, does it..? :roll:

;)

JimG.

Staff member
dude i used the winky which goes against everything i stand for. i was totally kidding.

I saw Mr. Winky...but if I didn't throw in the testy part I couldn't have made the lawn dart reference. And that was the whole point (pun intended).

Of course, I could have been like Greg and tell you that I'm also going to be at MRG but also gone before you're going to be there.

2knees

ahhh you guys are KILLING me. if greg had vid of that, i wouldve made it my avatar.

well both you clowns need to give me the 411 on where to go, on the ELEVENTH!!!!

JimG.

Staff member
ahhh you guys are KILLING me. if greg had vid of that, i wouldve made it my avatar.

That was without doubt the best blowout I've seen all year. I started laughing so hard that it didn't occur to me to see if you were hurt until about 30 seconds after it happened. Thank God for all the fresh snow.

Can you imagine if you had tried to bury your head like that in iced over hardpack?

Greg

Staff member
if greg had vid of that, i wouldve made it my avatar.

I have the vision of the aftermath firmly engraved in my head. I recall your skis (released) behind you with only the tips showing. You were a few feet ahead of them with your head just about buried completely in snow. One of the funniest wipe-outs I've seen in a while... :lol:

Greg

Staff member
I can't believe that happened on the one run I missed! :(

You had a pretty impressive spin-move kind of wipe-out on the Volkls at your first attempt at Slide of Hans. I actually thought you hurt yourself on that one... :-o

Back on topic.....who's gonna film 2knees's wipe-outs at MRG on the 11th?

roark

I'm tempted. Too early to commit for me. If we had a guide I'd be more inclined.

bvibert

Staff member
You had a pretty impressive spin-move kind of wipe-out on the Volkls at your first attempt at Slide of Hans. I actually thought you hurt yourself on that one... :-o

Back on topic.....who's gonna film 2knees's wipe-outs at MRG on the 11th?

At the top section? I was thinking it was going to hurt as it was happening, fortunately it didn't. Although that might explain why my neck has been so sore since then...

I had several good falls that day, my favorite was the double ejection. Apparently not as good as Pat's though. ;)

cbcbd

I wouldn't be a great guide for MRG (only there once) but I'd be up for going up there again.

2knees

lol Jim, nice to know my health was your main concern. I was laughing too, after i realized my head was still connected to my neck. best thing about it was i had about a millisecond to realize what was about to happen. I couldnt even finish saying oh sh......

now the chances of someone showing me around MRG are less then zero after this comedy routine. :smile:

Hi i'm pat and i crash. alot.

roark, if you decide to do it, let me know. obviously there is plenty of time here.

cbcbd, put it on your calender. One time is more than i've got.

JimG.

Staff member
lol Jim, nice to know my health was your main concern. I was laughing too, after i realized my head was still connected to my neck. best thing about it was i had about a millisecond to realize what was about to happen. I couldnt even finish saying oh sh......

"Lawn dart" described it well. And if the snow hadn't been plentiful and soft, I would not have been laughing for even a second....dude, your body was totally parallel to the ground after your skis ejected, and as your head went into the snow your legs shot up in the air behind you.

At least you didn't see the berm at the bottom of Twilight Zone when you crashed...Greg and I almost did the same thing next run down and we knew the berm was there. After that, I realized you had to stay hard left at the bottom.

madskier6

It looks like I may be at MRG on Sun March 11. I've been to MRG 8-10 times so I can show you around, at least the marked trails. I'm not a true MRG veteran, nor have I been exposed to the secret, off-the-map stashes but I can show you some good terrain. I'd also enjoy skiing with you again, Pat.

I'll keep you posted if my plans change.

2knees

It looks like I may be at MRG on Sun March 11. I've been to MRG 8-10 times so I can show you around, at least the marked trails. I'm not a true MRG veteran, nor have I been exposed to the secret, off-the-map stashes but I can show you some good terrain. I'd also enjoy skiing with you again, Pat.

I'll keep you posted if my plans change.

awesome. i would totally appreciate it.