• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go this weekend

gladerider

lovely at Stratton. a few hours of heavy snow put an inch on top of the groom. woods have nice cream. more coverage and less bare spots than okemo yesterday

it was nice yesterday, but was even better on saturday. i was on the borderline for this weekend. glad i went.

drjeff

Mount Snow this coming weekend will be an interesting experience for sure!! The Minus Zero 3 days techno music/rave is there (most of the music and events happening after last chair) and will likely make for some interesting sights (and smells) for sure I'm guessing!!

Still hardly a bare spot on 99% of the mountain as of yesterday, and an easy 18-24" of snowpack on the ground outside of my condo!!

Looking forward to days 50 and 51 and possibly 52 on tap next weekend!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

Smuggler's Notch today was like the entire mountain was set-up by FIS. Definitely fun if speed is your thing, moguls were icy and never "released" as it didnt get over 34 degrees. For April 2nd, coverage is pretty good.

Onto MRG tomorrow.

BenedictGomez

Just saw on MRG's snow report that they are closed tomorrow and Wednesday due to the predicted weather.

Well that's some BS given it's not supposed to rain until about 3pm tomorrow. Seems like "$$$$$ preservation" more than anything if they were being honest. This time of year mountains should just fully state transparently, "weekend operations only" rather than close for spurious reasons. Guess I'll be at Jay Peak instead.

lerops

I was thinking Pico since they are closed on Friday.

But would they see too much damage earlier in the week? In that case, I will go to K.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glenn

Mount Snow this coming weekend will be an interesting experience for sure!! The Minus Zero 3 days techno music/rave is there (most of the music and events happening after last chair) and will likely make for some interesting sights (and smells) for sure I'm guessing!!

Still hardly a bare spot on 99% of the mountain as of yesterday, and an easy 18-24" of snowpack on the ground outside of my condo!!

We experienced it last year at Stratton. I felt a bit old. "This isn't music! It's all computerized and heavy bass!" And there were some really odd outfits. We did see a number of people pony up $15 or $20 for a pack of smokes at Mulligans. And we weren't there that long. But the participants seemed to be having fun overall.

The only negative if you will... Some DJ started dropping a lot of F-bombs around 2PMish. The main base area had a number of younger (under 10 year old kids there). I'm all for artistic expression, but be mindful of the little ones. At least wait until the day crowd leaves and the target demographic shows up.

tumbler

Well that's some BS given it's not supposed to rain until about 3pm tomorrow. Seems like "$$$$$ preservation" more than anything if they were being honest. This time of year mountains should just fully state transparently, "weekend operations only" rather than close for spurious reasons. Guess I'll be at Jay Peak instead.

Go to Sugarbush

Jcb890

Still plenty of coverage pretty much everywhere yesterday. Things softened up nicely yesterday as well... well, not the un-groomed stuff really. Cut Off off of Long John was brutal.