• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap Aggregate Sticky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jully

SkiNH seems to have something similar to SKiVT but I don’t know what kinds of discounts they typically offer https://www.skinh.com/deals/ski-nh-lift-ticket-packages

Not as good for the big resorts (Loon is like $70), but Ragged tickets might have been $40 a few years back. No blackouts whatsoever, so it was a decent deal.

Vermont Travel Club Card
https://www.vermonttravelclub.com

Entercom Hartford Ski Club Card (link is to last year’s)
https://connecticut.cbslocal.com/cbs-ski-club-2012-two-cards-to-choose-from/

Someone mentioned in another thread the lack of cheap lodging deals. The lodging deals there (mostly 15% off it seems) are some of the only lodging discounts I've seen.

Sugarloaf offers Zoom Rooms (https://www.sugarloaf.com/hot-deals/zoom-rooms; $99 a night) which is a flexible anytime room you buy in advance. Sunday River did the same thing last year with the Snow Cap Inn at $99 a night. SR's was a Cyber Monday Promotion. Not spectacular, but if you value slopeside it is hard to beat those prices and flexibility.

Last edited:

Jully

Amazing work Tuna! Definitely appreciate it.

Sugarloaf had the Christmas in July sale this year (a 3 pack for $160 with no blackouts). Sunday River has the Threedom Pass (https://www.sundayriver.com/lift-tickets/threedom-pass) which was on sale for $209 early in October. Far from amazing deals, but you have almost no options when it comes to Boyne resorts on weekends (and even weekdays).

skicub

Burke does $45 tix for other mountain pass Holders.

Jay did it last season too, though not listed yet for this season. Anyone else do this?

Great job, Tuna!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

Thanks! Updated the list. Will take another look at Mountain Sports Club later for accuracy. I know that and Ride and Ski Card will need to be updated once the 2018/2019 deals are official. Working on assumption of same as last year for now.

Will post VT Travel Club this evening, gotta get back to work.

ThinkSnow

Wachusett in MA offers the following discounts to passholders:

DISCOUNTS
Mountains of Distinction - Half-price lift tickets for non-holiday weekdays and $15 off on weekends and holidays.

Burke - Any season passholder can purchase a lift ticket any day during the season for $45 per person.

Jay Peak- 50% off a full Adult or Junior retail lift ticket any day of the season.

Killington Resort & Pico Mountain - 50% off Sunday through Friday or 25% off Saturday or peak* 1-day lift ticket at either resort. This offer is limited to one (1) discounted 1-day lift ticket per day, per passholder, valid any day of the 2018-19 season. *Peak dates: November 22-25, 2018; December 22, 2018-January 1, 2019; January 19-21, 2019; February 16-24, 2019.

Sunlight Mountain Resort - 3 FREE full day lift tickets to season pass holders from Wachusett Mountain during the 2018/19 season. To receive their free days of skiing, season pass holders must present their valid season pass at the ski area’s ticket window and be able to provide back-up photo ID upon request. Tickets are non-transferrable.

Jackson Hole, WY -Pass holders get discounted lift tickets at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort for up to 5 days. The rates are valid all season (blacked out during the Christmas period, 12/20/18 – 1/6/19). The one-day rate is approximately 40% off of the JHMR one-day window rate (may vary slightly due to rounding. To access lifts this winter, all guests will require a RFID ticket called the J Card. J Cards are available to be purchased for a one-time fee of $5. The $5 fee is NOT included on the rate sheet, but guests can re-use their J Cards. Passholders must show valid Winter 18/19 pass from partner mountain with picture ID

Whiteface, Gore & Belleayre - 50% off the price of a lift ticket for midweek, non-holiday periods. $10 off the price of a one-day lift ticket for weekend and holiday periods.

bdfreetuna

Alright added a compact version of the Wachusett pass holder deal. Overall I'm gonna avoid listing deals that are pass holder benefits. I think before that I would need to add IKON / MAX / EPIC and whatever passes like that exist, but I don't really want to go there with this either.

Jully

Alright added a compact version of the Wachusett pass holder deal. Overall I'm gonna avoid listing deals that are pass holder benefits. I think before that I would need to add IKON / MAX / EPIC and whatever passes like that exist, but I don't really want to go there with this either.

+1

BenedictGomez

Will take another look at Mountain Sports Club later for accuracy.

I used to do MSC every year, but dropped it last year. And wow, looking at it this year it's really been decimated. More expensive to get the "free lift ticket" and they've lost a ton of their all year BOGO mountains.

ThinkSnow

Perhaps you should include your own personal definition of what "skiing on the cheap" means to you, and what you expect to see on this thread, so those with the best of intentions can avoid wasting your time?

bdfreetuna

Updated with more specific guidelines.

For MSC & Ride and Ski Card --- since they'll be updating their lists for the season soon anyway -- I'll wait until they do for that. Most things should be same or close on those for now but double check before you buy.

p_levert

In the category of "medium" deals, on Liftopia you can buy an unrestricted MRG lift ticket for $69 adult/$58 for 65+. This is not as good a deal as the Mad Card, but you can buy just one ticket. The savings is about $20 over the walkup rate.

OTOH, there's a similar deal for Magic and the price is $70 for an unrestricted lift ticket. This is NOT a good deal.

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Fox 44 card is out. BIG changes, $150 gets you....

MRG
Whiteface
Burke
Cannon
Titus
Bretton
Oak (new)
West (new)
Gore (it's back)
Suicide 6
Northeast Slopes (new)
Magic (new)
Middlebury

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOA NELLY... Just bought one too. Just made my day right there!

I also just called Ride and Ski Card guy and he said he WILL be at Boston Ski Show. This is the best way to grab one because then he will give you a lift ticket bonus to your choice of mountain (while supplies last).

jaytrem

WHOA NELLY... Just bought one too. Just made my day right there!

I also just called Ride and Ski Card guy and he said he WILL be at Boston Ski Show. This is the best way to grab one because then he will give you a lift ticket bonus to your choice of mountain (while supplies last).

No discussions!!!!! Please edit your post to remove the first sentence!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.