Mount Snow Opening Day Snowmaking Thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Mount Snow Opening Day Snowmaking Thread

Instead of completely hijacking the Killington thread figured it'd be best to start a new one. Mount Snow has been blowing TTB on Cascade-Canyon for about 12 hours now(9AM) with what looks like pretty good production up top especially. Temps could maybe possibly hopefully stay within range all day today and tonight to give them a good long window here in the middle of October. Peak Pass prices go up in 2 days, if they can get some kind of early opening even like a day or two the marketing teams would be thrilled I bet.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Even if they open top to bottom their early season product is marginal at best. Killington will be wall to wall on their open trails with deep base. I’ll take good product on half a mountain then a half ass product top to bottom.

Haha yeah but it's not too to bottom and you have to walk up stairs to get there! No thanks. Mount snow, if open will have a better setup. Sorry FBGM but the torch has been passed.

I’m not arguing the face that they will probably open. I’m just saying it will be a crap product. Those fans are to spread out to have good coverage in a quick time. Killington has a gun every 20’. Wall to wall. Thick. With some exercise at beginning and end of the day. You new balance spyder wearing dads should be all about that. That free fall trail is a better bet for mount blow to cover correctly in short time.

Let's be real FBGM. Mt. Snow could open on Saturday with 100% of their terrain open and a foot of fresh snow and you still wouldn't be skiing there and would continue be critical of anyone else who was skiing there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Let's be real FBGM. Mt. Snow could open on Saturday with 100% of their terrain open and a foot of fresh snow and you still wouldn't be skiing there and would continue be critical of anyone else who was skiing there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Lmao nice! As a mod why do you let this dink just ruin any thread related to Peak? Can't we just cut him loose now? Clearly he's some low level employee that got fired for doing something stupid and holds a grudge.

And btw... last I checked(since I was there the last three opening days) Sneaux is wall to wall and then some plus multiple TTB routes available. Killy is one 800 vert trail with stairs..... it really isn't even close.
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

First Snow Report of 18/19 is UPPPPPP!!!! Saying they won't open this weekend, sucks. However, they are blowing Freefall, River Run, Cascade, Canyon with 133 guns! They must be making a push for something very soon here, the lack of Long John and Deer Run backs that up as well. Could we see a Monday/Tuesday opening to keep the crowds away for a little bit?
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    First Snow Report of 18/19 is UPPPPPP!!!! Saying they won't open this weekend, sucks. However, they are blowing Freefall, River Run, Cascade, Canyon with 133 guns! They must be making a push for something very soon here, the lack of Long John and Deer Run backs that up as well. Could we see a Monday/Tuesday opening to keep the crowds away for a little bit?
    Lack of Long John might also have something to do with wanting to keep folks away from the active construction site that is the new Carinthia Lodge area for another couple of weeks should an opening day happen. My guess is right now is still 3 weeks or so ahead of when they had a tentative opening day target penciled in

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post

The weather for snowmaking is pretty marginal at best. Killington has an advantage of being further up north where it's a little colder, running older guns that work better in warmer temps and they're also better set up to download people. I seriously doubt Mt Snow is waiting to open for any other reason than the weather is not going to allow them to make enough snow. I'm sure the last thing they want to see is other resorts opening before them especially with that new state of the art snowmaking system they have

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    The weather for snowmaking is pretty marginal at best. Killington has an advantage of being further up north where it's a little colder, running older guns that work better in warmer temps and they're also better set up to download people. I seriously doubt Mt Snow is waiting to open for any other reason than the weather is not going to allow them to make enough snow. I'm sure the last thing they want to see is other resorts opening before them especially with that new state of the art snowmaking system they have
    Killingtons biggest advantage isnt being further north, its the elevation.

Thread Information