Ban on cell phones in VT

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ban on cell phones in VT

I love to ski in VT,... but they are really out there with their politics!

https://www.timesargus.com/news/loca...4272942d9.html

Seems like it's an attention grab to draw attention to 2A rights. The guy said he wouldn't even vote for his bill himself. Weird

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

The bill's sponsor is using it to mock other restrictive laws. It is intended to be hyperbole.

Vermont is apparently leading the way in early adoption of 5G for rural areas (didn't want to spend the money on fiber so let Vermont be a testing ground for the telecoms). Problem is you need one of these things every so often short distance, pissing off a lot of people who suddenly find a small cell tower posted up next to their mailbox. And they probably don't give a rats ass about "the internet of things" and if their stove can communicate with their toilet.

So maybe they will get banned, we'll find out.
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Central VT fiber projects have made a great difference in meeting connectivity demands.
    Less and less sat dishes (aka VT State Flowers) pointed at the sky.

clickbait that OP hit like a hungry bluefish

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    The bill's sponsor is using it to mock other restrictive laws. It is intended to be hyperbole.
    Exactly. And the "legalize prostitution" bill got a lot of press last week. Complete la-la land up there.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

This was part of their mainstream news feed this past week in Burlington. As a parent of 11/13 yo's I actually love this idea. We have so many issues in our schools across the country and a large majority stem from cell phones social media and kids not having a clue about the long term effects of their instant actions. We refuse to buy phones for our kids and they are fine with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using AlpineZone mobile app
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    We refuse to buy phones for our kids and they are fine with it.
    "Be home before the streetlights come on!"

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    This was part of their mainstream news feed this past week in Burlington. As a parent of 11/13 yo's I actually love this idea. We have so many issues in our schools across the country and a large majority stem from cell phones social media and kids not having a clue about the long term effects of their instant actions. We refuse to buy phones for our kids and they are fine with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using AlpineZone mobile app
    I forget how old my son was when we got him a cell phone, he was 14? I don;t know... He's 19 now.

Anyways, In middle school he got a good scare about repercussions of instant actions. Apparently a girl sent a selfie of her self in a bra to her boyfriend and that picture got floated around. A bunch of kids got in trouble for forwarding it. He never forwarded it. When other kids started getting in trouble he told us about receiving it because he was scared that he'd get in trouble. He was never questioned by the school and police, but he was scared shitless about it. It was a great teaching moment and I'm glad it happened without any issues on his/our end. He has a very small, that we know of, social media footprint.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 28
    Ski Visits in VT 3
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 35

Ski Roundtop
    11/16, 11/17, 11/23, 12/20 (LR), 12/21, 12/22, 12/23, 12/26 (LR), 12/27 (LR), 12/28, 12/30 (LR), 12/31 (LR), 1/2 (LR), 1/3 (LR), 1/5, 1/17 (LR), 1/18, 1/20, 1/24 (LR), 1/26, 2/1, 2/2, 2/3, 2/14 (LR), 2/15, 2/16
    Breckenridge 1/9,1/10
    Keystone 1/11
    Arapahoe Basin 1/12
    Montage Mountain 1/27, 1/28
    Stowe 2/7, 2/8, 2/9

LR=Lunch Runs

Thread Information