• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you plan on skiing anywhere new this season????

snoseek

I spent a day hiking around northstar. It looks pretty flat to me....maybe not as bad as it's hyped to be.

Sugar Bowl looks pretty good....

I spent a day hiking around northstar. It looks pretty flat to me....maybe not as bad as it's hyped to be.

Sugar Bowl looks pretty good....

Northstar is apparently the place the Jibhonks like the best...one PASR is out there now living the dream..I think in Truckee..

I might hit up Mountain Creek this season...it's probably a little like Blue mountain..lots of SPORES..definitely sometime when I am in the Newton area..

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I won a bona-fide 3-day, 4-night ski trip for two this next season out west, from a bona-fide ski operator. Anybody want to be my friend now?

Last edited:

ComeBackMudPuddles

just made the arrangements for the x-mas family ski trip this winter....and it's someplace new. will be heading to Les Carroz d'Arâches in the french alps, between geneva and chamonix. family friendly, small, relaxed, with tons of activities for the kids and an authentic village for the wife, while also being part of the giant Grand Massif ski domain.

:snow:

foofy

just made the arrangements for the x-mas family ski trip this winter....and it's someplace new. will be heading to Les Carroz d'Arâches in the french alps, between geneva and chamonix. family friendly, small, relaxed, with tons of activities for the kids and an authentic village for the wife, while also being part of the giant Grand Massif ski domain.

:snow:

You'll have a great time. Don't miss a visit to Samoens, perhaps for dinner (great restaurants). Another highlight is the Cascade trail http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Massif#Classic_cascades_run including the refuge lunch which involves a ride up via snowmobile - they drag you behind it with ropes, like waterskiing - hysterically fun!

ComeBackMudPuddles

prisnah

Sure do.

I plan on getting to Shawnee Peak a few times this year since it's super close now. Also will try and get to Wildcat and Cannon a few times.

Not new but I really think I'll be up at Saddleback quite a bit this year.....if the wife will go for it anyway, but hey, at least she can't complain about the cost....that place is CHEAP.

xfactor58

Hopefully heading out to park city in Salt Lake sometime in February. Originaly wanted to go to Breck in CO but utah looks a little more apealing.

Anyone have any expirience at Park City?

hobbes

Planning to try Magic in southern Vermont at least 1 day this year. Since I live in NC, I might actually try Beech and Sugar for the first time ... if you call those mountains!

amf

Wow... this is kinda like keeping ol' GSS alive... mebbe rename it the GSS Memorial Thread!

But on topic, I'm looking forward to Whitefish (TRFKBM - the resort formerly known as Big Mtn), Steamboat, & possibly Winter Park. With any luck, I'll get to Bolton Valley. All this assumes my knees hold out.

catsup948

New for me...

ME- Saddleback
NH- New stuff on MW, GoS, Oakes Gulf, Great Gulf
VT- MRG(finally!), Camels Hump, Mansfield
MA- Jiminy Peak, Ski Ward, T-Bolt, Petersburg Pass
QC- Le Massif