• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Another Bad Ski Crash.

sledhaulingmedic

The fatalities always seem to make the news, but there are pleny more serious accidents like this that generally aren't as high profile. If he was transfered to Dartmouth-Hitchcock (the nearest Trauma Center) I'd have to guess that this was fairly serious.

I know Stratton and Bromley have already had to fly patients out due to serious injuries this season.

We had DHART's (Dartmouth-Hitchcock Air Response Team) flight crew in Sunday to do a safety briefing and LZ inspection on Sunday. They mentioned that their "Scene calls" (as opposed to Hospital to Hospital transfers) go up durring ski season.

I make the worst patient in the world. I try to avoid being a patient.

dhart_at_magic.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sledhaulingmedic--what mountain is that? Magic? Man, not much snow in the parking lot area.

sledhaulingmedic

Good call, TTB! That was Magic on Sunday, 1/2/05.

Not much in the lot and not much on the hill.

Adicted to snow? Yes. and I'm Jonsin'!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yeah, it looked like the parking lot. Are they open yet? Burke, another mountain that relies a bit more on natural snow, is also having a tough start. It looks like today's snow will fall south of Concord, NH which will not help them either :-?

I've heard good things about Magic...will have to try it sometime.

Great chatting with you here.