• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush AlpineZone Day - 3/21/08

wa-loaf

Nooo! :-( It was supposed to be windy and icy so I wouldn't feel so bad about missing it. :angry:

Seriously looks like everyone had an awesome time and I am very jealous. What's the date for next year? I need to put it on the calendar so I have something to look forward too. :)

And how old is Madskiers kid? I can't wait until my kids are big enough to come out and rip it up with the adults.

Greg

Staff member
And how old is Madskiers kid? I can't wait until my kids are big enough to come out and rip it up with the adults.

Kevin is 10. I believe Ethan is 12. WWF-TV was there with his boy too. Cool that AZ parents bring their kids along. I will be doing the same once my daughters can keep up.

Jeff commented something to the effect of, "I just skied with them a lot. I didn't do anything special."

Greg

Staff member
YouTubage

It looks like the first upload attempt last night crapped out. It should be working now:

Sugarbush: 3/21

Working on a YouTube version.

Okay. YouTubage version for those that don't want to wait for the high res download:

Greg

Staff member
Wow, Kevin looks awesome.

Yep. He's developing that same right on the edge ripping style his Dad has. Wish I grabbed vid of Ethan too...

o3jeff

Jeff commented something to the effect of, "I just skied with them a lot. I didn't do anything special."

I watched the part with Kevin a few times and and am amazed he is skiing like that at 10. And if Jeff just "skied with him a lot" to get him were he is at, I bet he is going to have a line of people wanting to ski with him hoping something rubs off on us! Great job.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You guys suck! :uzi:

Really, looks like a great day yesterday! Nice vid. Wish I was there (though I guess I wouldn't have been skiing that with you anyway).

bvibert

Staff member
AWESOME day! Great job with the video Greg, captured the day perfectly. That first run down ME was sick, my best run ever! I don't really have much else to add, skied with Greg all day so there's my play-by-play. ;) Seriously, we were having so much fun that we didn't even stop for lunch until 3! :eek: A couple of noski's cookies (thanks, they were great!) and a power bar we enough to keep me going. Had I realized that it was already 3 when we decided to take a break I probably would have just toughed it out and skied till last chair.

Whoever got over to Heaven's Gate and North Lynx when they started spinning this morning was surely treated to a nice surprise, even if the skinners scored several tracks by days end yesterday.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I like this pic:

P3210008.JPG

Greg

Staff member
I like this pic:

P3210008.JPG

Nice Trailboss. I was crashing left and right yesterday including two double ejections on Rumble and almost wiping out Zand on the Mall.

Zand

Nice Trailboss. I was crashing left and right yesterday including two double ejections on Rumble and almost wiping out Zand on the Mall.

How about Brian getting up close and personal on Castlerock Run and you losing your pole on Mall (was that the same wipe?). Great day yesterday, definitely my best all season. Hope you guys can get up to Mt. Snow this spring for some late season bumpage.

BeanoNYC

Great to meet BeanoNYC. Within 5 minutes of meeting you we had a cocktail, talked religion, politics, and you took your shirt off.

Sometimes real life is stranger than fiction. ;)

I had a great time. Wonderful conditions and wonderful people. We need to do this again soon. Monday ok with everyone?

Grassi21

Sometimes real life is stranger than fiction. ;)

I had a great time. Wonderful conditions and wonderful people. We need to do this again soon. Monday ok with everyone?

I was hoping you would show up in an 8-Ball jacket. ;-)

thetrailboss

Staff member
How about Brian getting up close and personal on Castlerock Run and you losing your pole on Mall (was that the same wipe?). Great day yesterday, definitely my best all season. Hope you guys can get up to Mt. Snow this spring for some late season bumpage.

I smell another Sugarbush outing...one in which Greg and I ski together.....

Someone said something about 4/20????

2knees

wow, i finally sacked up and watched the videos. Rumble looks so sick. same with liftline.

Jeff, your kid rips man.

Cant believe it cleared up that much by the afternoon. It was the hardest skiing decision i've ever made, walking away from that yesterday. Beano, AZ, snowmonster and trailboss, its too bad the lift got in the way of the meetup. was looking forward to skiing with you guys.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
wow, i finally sacked up and watched the videos. Rumble looks so sick. same with liftline.

Jeff, your kid rips man.

Cant believe it cleared up that much by the afternoon. It was the hardest skiing decision i've ever made, walking away from that yesterday. Beano, AZ, snowmonster and trailboss, its too bad the lift got in the way of the meetup. was looking forward to skiing with you guys.

Me and Snowmonster were very dissapointed that you didn't show for our mogul lessons! :razz: