• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Delemma!

LineSki15

So I want to hit the POP at Pat's tomorrow night, but it looks like the snow is going to come in big time on Sat night, making the drive back to Boston horrible!! What to do?
Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and pay full price for a day on Saturday or Sunday..dammit!

ctenidae

I'll second the "Drive slow" advice.
Two weeks ago it took almost 4 hours to get from Sunapee back to Boston. Two weeks before that it took five to get back from Mt Snow.
That makes for a looooooong day. But, it's doable if you're careful and pay attention to what you (and everyone else) is doing. I kind of wonder if PAt's would be worth the risk, though. Depending on how the snow shapes up, we may head out there (the wife owes me one for bagging on tonight)

hammer

Greg said:
LineSki15 said:
What to do?
Drive slow.
Ditto.

Also, watch out for the road conditions in NH, especially near the toll booths. When I was coming back from Pat's last Sunday it was snowing, and when I approached the toll for the DW highway, I was apparently going just a bit too fast and I slid right through the toll lane past the basket.

No one was in front of me, so there was no harm to my or anyone else's car. I felt a bit stupid :dunce: but I saw a car to the right of me that did the same thing.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Go to POP and spend the night at the Henniker Motel/Hotel, which is literally just across the road from the Hurricane Triple. $60 for a room. Go skiing on Sunday morning if you can. We will be there then for freshies :wink:

Oh yeah, and save some snow for us too!!!!

In an unrelated issue, 501st POST FOR TRAILBOSS!!!!

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
thetrailboss said:

That's it. Go to the blackboard and write "I will not celebrate meaningless milestones" 501 times! :dunce:

[yeah, I know. I ripped it from a Simpsons episode...]

-Stephen

thetrailboss

Staff member
Stephen said:
thetrailboss said:

That's it. Go to the blackboard and write "I will not celebrate meaningless milestones" 501 times! :dunce:

[yeah, I know. I ripped it from a Simpsons episode...]

-Stephen

Yeah, I know. Missed the "500th" post milestone...but heck, I tried. :wink:

LineSki15

thanks for the words of encouragment, I'm gonna keep my eye of the forecast, so I'll see if I want to brave it!
sunday is looking better and better to me though

thetrailboss

Staff member
LineSki15 said:
thanks for the words of encouragment, I'm gonna keep my eye of the forecast, so I'll see if I want to brave it!
sunday is looking better and better to me though

Hope you got my PM. :wink: