• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where did the snow go??

Glenn

Sounds like you could use a good, muddy ride on the quad later today there Glenn :)

Toss in a few beers for me post ride and I'd maybe crack a smile. :-(

Sorry it's off topic...

Engine is cooked. The threaded tube that holds the filter to the filter housing unthreaded from the housing. That's how the filter came off all at once. I guess that threaded tube is still in the filter? I haven't see the car yet; it's up in East Windsor right now. They're chasing down warantee paperwork.

This happened on Route 10 in Hamden for anyone in the CT crew reading this. The car basically stalled on her. So all 100lbs or so of my wife had a muscle the thing manually off to the side of the road. Luckily, she was able to coast to a side street. Route 10 is a busy 4 lane road during rush hour. We called a flatbed as soon as I got there. Then waited....that's just how it is.

I'm upset. It's a mint condition 02 A6 that just turned 46k the other day. Yeah, under 7k a year average. Ugh. I go get the loaner this afternoon.

And for the record, this weather is annoying me as well. I'd love to go ski this weekend, but we're blacked out on our season passes.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Toss in a few beers for me post ride and I'd maybe crack a smile. :-(

Sorry it's off topic...

Engine is cooked. The threaded tube that holds the filter to the filter housing unthreaded from the housing. That's how the filter came off all at once. I guess that threaded tube is still in the filter? I haven't see the car yet; it's up in East Windsor right now. They're chasing down warantee paperwork.

what really stinks aside from the fact that it's a $20 part causing a multi thousand dollar repair is all the time you have lost that is unrecoverable. Major, major hassle. I have to wonder if they didn't do something right when they were changing the filter. Like checking the tube. whatever. Luckily you weren't in the middle of nowhere on a Sunday afternoon, I suppose. Here's wishing you the rest of the week goes better....

tcharron

Nothing like watching the snow melt for an hour an a half while you and your wife wait for the tow truck as one of your cars is puking oil on the side of the road for no reason.

Oh, I'm SURE there was a reason.. :-D

Glenn

Thanks everyone. A bump in the road of life I suppose. Looks like most of this will be covered by the extended coverage we bought when we purchased the car in 2006. Guess that was money well spent. The car will be fixed, the engine that goes in will have the same or less miles and I've got a loaner for the time being. It's a crappy situation, but as mentioned could have been much worse. I'd rather have something like this happen vs my wife being in an accident.