New Member Introductions Thread - Page 57

AlpineZone

Page 57 of 163 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

New Member Post.

I'm a middleaged dude that loves to ski, but doesn't get that much time to do it. Since I live on Long Island, I ski mostly in places that are in driving distance from the Island on day trips. Which means I mostly pray for snow all winter long.

Welcome to the forums livtoski. We have several LI residents here on the forums.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by livtoski View Post
    I'm a middleaged dude that loves to ski, but doesn't get that much time to do it. Since I live on Long Island, I ski mostly in places that are in driving distance from the Island on day trips. Which means I mostly pray for snow all winter long.
    Welcome!
    If you're a fan of the Manchester United Football Team, sing the Manchester United song-!

Quote Originally Posted by livtoski View Post

Strong Island in the hizzle..welcome to the site..

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello. I'm in my mid 20's and have been skiing since I can remember. Try to get out as much as possible, usually mid-week since I'm in the Coast Guard and work rotating shifts. Been involved with a few forums but never any ski related ones.

Welcome to the forums TrickyDik.
    Brian

Polski

I'm not polish, but Chech. I was surprised that handle was available myself. I've been using it for years and its nice it was available so I would not have to remember another name.

Hello, I'm the New England Snow Detective

Hello, my name is Gino Del Guercio. I'm a part-time ski instructor at Blue Hills Ski Area, just south of Boston.

I recently started a new blog called the New England Snow Detective. I was tired of driving three or four hours north only to find the conditions were not what the ski area web sites said they were. http://newenglandsnowdetective.blogspot.com/

So I've created a blog to collected accurate and unbiased information about snow conditions in New England. Other than Blue Hills, I have no connection to the ski areas. My only revenue is from the Google ads that appear on my site.

Check out my site for the latest on snow conditions and please subscribe and tell your friends if you like it. And if you go skiing, send me a quick note (or even better a picture) about what the conditions were like. Thanks.

http://newenglandsnowdetective.blogspot.com/

New guy tom

I have just joined and sent a couple of post already. I ride mostly at Wildcat, Attitash and Sunday River - usually get about 40 days a year in. This year I have a pass at Wildcat - if you need advice about that mountain I know it like the back of my hand.

I also do some ski and snowboard videos and completed a documentary last year. I really enjoy hitting the out of bounds trails, following stream beds and glades. I am interested in doing more filming of back country skiing and riding. My only real experience with true "hike up, ski down" is Tuckermans and I would like to learn more. If any one is interested in helping or with advice please shoot me a message.

I live and work in the Boston area. During the winter I spend most weekends at the Wedeln Ski House near North Conway.

Tom

Welcome to the forums GinoDelG and tomlane!
    Brian

Thread Information