• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Recently?

GolfingOwl

Anyone been in the last few days? Thinking of taking the family for the early part of next week. Rates are CHEAP!!

How are overall conditions? Any bumps? Trees still skiable?

Hawkshot99

Was there today. The place was nice and firm in the morning, then softened up. We skied the summit all day trying not to come to the base as it got real sticky down low. The two times I ducked into the trees were great. Little thin in a few spots, but easily skiable. Did not look for any bumps.

GolfingOwl

Was there today. The place was nice and firm in the morning, then softened up. We skied the summit all day trying not to come to the base as it got real sticky down low. The two times I ducked into the trees were great. Little thin in a few spots, but easily skiable. Did not look for any bumps.

Thanks. Just what I was looking for.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
Anyone been in the last few days? Thinking of taking the family for the early part of next week. Rates are CHEAP!!

How are overall conditions? Any bumps? Trees still skiable?

I was there on Friday and again yesterday. Temps were in the 20's Friday so it was firm and fast all day... none of the bump trails were open. It was warmer yesterday but the only bump run that I saw open was bear down... free fall might have been too... all the trails on that side of the hill got pretty soft under the bright sunshine.

GolfingOwl

I was there on Friday and again yesterday. Temps were in the 20's Friday so it was firm and fast all day... none of the bump trails were open. It was warmer yesterday but the only bump run that I saw open was bear down... free fall might have been too... all the trails on that side of the hill got pretty soft under the bright sunshine.

Supposed to mid 40s during the day next week with sun so should get soft. I'm not a great bump skier by any means but this time of year is the best time for hacks like me and I like a little variety (as do my kids). I just wanted to make sure they don't groom everything out. I do remember some bump runs from when I was there in the spring about 3 years ago.

Overall, was coverage still pretty good? They seem to have about 90% of their trails open.

Hawkshot99

Supposed to mid 40s during the day next week with sun so should get soft. I'm not a great bump skier by any means but this time of year is the best time for hacks like me and I like a little variety (as do my kids). I just wanted to make sure they don't groom everything out. I do remember some bump runs from when I was there in the spring about 3 years ago.

Overall, was coverage still pretty good? They seem to have about 90% of their trails open.

Coverage was good, with it a bit thin in only a few spots.