• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rossignol’s Performance Guarantee

Hawkshot99

Just received this in a e-mail from Rossi. Thought it's pretty good.

Rossignol’s Performance Guarantee

September 30, 2009: In a difficult economy, Rossignol realizes the importance of customer satisfaction. That is why we guarantee our products 100%. Now your customers don’t have to demo, they can return the product if it isn't perfect for them!

All Rossignol Alpine (skis, boots, bindings), Nordic (skis, boots, bindings), and snowboards have a performance guarantee. If your customer is not 100% satisfied with the performance of the product within 3 days of riding, they return it to you, the dealer, and get a 100% credit toward another Rossignol model of equal or greater value. Rossignol stands behind every product we sell striving to deliver the highest performance product at every level. The Rossignol product must be purchased from an Authorized Rossignol Dealer and the model must be from the 09/10 collection. Performance Guarantee for all 09/10 collection expires April 1, 2010.

roark

That's nice.

IMHO my the construction on my b4's is by far the crappiest of all the skis I own. Cheesy cap, foam core. Edges on the tips/tails don't meet the functional edge smoothly. The bases are so thin I'm scared to grind them (never been done). Fortunately, I paid $200 shipped. So the value was good. But I doubt I'd buy another rossi ski again. Unless a smoking deal on s7's or squads came my way...

Philpug

Atomic did this with the "Metron Challenge" a few years back. Rossi needs to do whatever they can to try to get momentum going, IMHO their problems started back when they said "shape skis were just a fad" and that put them years behind and they have yet to catch back up. They are making a fine product out there, the CS80 and S7 have received many accolades but when it comes down to it, their skis are $50-75 more than comparable skis in their segments without bringing anything special to the table.

snowmonster

roark, even if the B4 turned out to be my favorite glade ski (for now), I agree about the less-than-stellar construction. I have the same complaints as you, particularly the lay-up of the edges on the tips. I just don't pay too much attention to it since it's off the snow. Rossi lost its way for a bit but I think they're back in the right direction replacing foam cores and cap construction with wood cores and vertical sidewalls. IMHO they should also stick with the basics instead of fiddling with gimmicky skis like the Mutix (which I have) and that prototype ski with adjustable camber. The more moving parts you have on your ski, the more chances it'll break.

Aside from the CX80 and S7, I hear a lot of positive things about the new S3 and RC 112. The former is a narrower S7 (perhaps better suited for the East) and the latter is a fatter reverse cambered B Squad.

Talisman

Too bad Rossi didn't have this performance guarantee before. Rossi didn't stand behind their product when my foam cored skis turned to noodles half way through a season. I probably will never own Rossi skis again. New skiis every three days would be fun though.

skidon

Talisman, I remember the type of skis you're talking about (like the Rossi 4S), and I've generally not been a fan of "French" skis for that reason. But, I'm old-school enough to also remember the old Rossi Strato and STS, which were as gutsy as you could get. All 3 of the French brands have changed. Salomon, for the first time (except in race) came out with a wood-core ski - the X-Wind Tornado, which rocks. Salomon and Dynastar (same company) are producing some amazingly good stuff for Eastern skiing. I demo'd the Rossi 80Ti last year at Stratton, and it cut ice like buttah. All that asside, the "Performance Guarantee" is nothing new. Most of the major brands have had a similar policy for a long time now.

Sky

I bought a Rossi boot last year...the Zenith 110. Loved it. Would have been comforting to have the $back guarantee....although I wouldn't have needed it.