• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cold Weather Gear?

O

oldhippie

Gerbing

I am the Gerbing "poster boy" - gloves, jacket liner, pants liner and 2 pairs of socks. I ride with a loosely formed group of guys that have a forum like this over on Delphi and we all have G's. They add at least 45 days to the front and back of every season. Need a decent electrical system to make it all work and power all the other stuff.

I go straight from motorcycle season to ski season with no down time in between.

Join us anytime http://forums.delphiforums.com/NewEnglandRider/messages

We're a friendly bunch.. haven't bitten a waitress in a month now! LOL!!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'm a bit tardy in responding, but here goes...

Fox River ski socks...some kind of synthetic material
Eddie Bauer midweight polyester long underwear/top
EMS Fleece pullover shirt
Yoga pants (I know, cotton is bad, but I haven't found a good pair of fleece pants yet)
EMS bib ski pants
Down jacket
glove liners
Burton mittens (I know, they're really for snowboarders, but I liked them so I bought them anyway...and besides, they're really warm!)
Fleece neck gaiter up to my nose and over my ears
Goggles
Helmet (newest addition...before I would wear one of those fleece headbands doubled up with my knit beanie hat)

Usually the only exposed skin is the tip of my nose. :)

OK, my turn....Scott spring gloves, a jock strap,my Atomic 10/50 ski boots and thats all!
(I'm trying to impress severines sister, you know the bad boy thing) :wink:
dubbin parker
Scott spring gloves(imo good down to zero degs. for some reason do not get cold, go figure)
some kind of winter woolies
clean under grunders
poly pro ski scoks(clean)
phenix pants
and a carrera brain bucket
and one big @$$ smile!
no t-neck
no vest
no artic ski gloves
no flece
no neck gator
no mask
no brain?
Paul/SRJ!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Starter Jackets Rule! said:
OK, my turn....Scott spring gloves, a jock strap,my Atomic 10/50 ski boots and thats all!
(I'm trying to impress severines sister, you know the bad boy thing) :wink:

If you want to impress her, all you have to do is spend her money and make her feel like she can't get anyone else... that's what seemed to work for this one and the last one! Oh yeah, and you have to quit your jobs often right before you get fired, and blame it all on "the man" who's out to get you.... ;)
I, however, would find it an interesting sight to see you go down the mountain in such a manner!

skican

Poly pants and long sleeve underalls, a poly turtleneck long sleeve shirt, turtle fur fleece pants and turtle fur long sleeve shirt, a fleece vest, my Smugglers Notch Fleece jacket under my Columbia shell. I lost the fleece that went with it. New fleece works fine, I have Fox Trail ski socks and my feet have never been cold and my gortex mittens. I also always always have my turtle fur neck warmer that is dragged up and across my nose. I one time came screaming down a run, did the hockey stop and pulled my fleece off of my face. A man that was standing there was astounded that I was a female. He was like, "wow you are a woman" I just pulled the fleece warmer up over my face and roared away. I have a bunch of different hats that I wear depending on weather. The only thing that will stop me from skiing is if the mountain isn't open. I am very rarely cold. My husbands advice, it's not a fashion show kids!