• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12/19 - 12/20 Storm Discussion Thread

JD

Website
hotmail.com
There's got to be SOMETHING steep out there.....Oh, I know....Head out to block Island tomorrow and ski the bluffs....you can hike back up on the boardwalk.....that would be sick.

twinplanx

where are you? i spend summers out there .maybe a brew at the talkhouse, turtle crossing? enjoy out there .
well I guess "eastern" is kinda stechin it. I'm in Moriches, not quite that far out. But I could always be talked into a trip to Montauk...

jerryg

Mountains did get hit by this in ME/NH/VT. If someone says that they did, they're lying.

mikestaple

16 to 18 of worthless snow down near the Cape. Stopped late afternoon today. Beautiful, light, fluffy powder.

At least the sledding was fantastic over at the local golf course.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
as expected...

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/nerfc/graphics/snowmaps/sf1_today.jpg
sf1_today.jpg

polski

Website
twitter.com
Snowshoe in WV reported 24" Fri-Sat and another inch overnight last night. That's the biggest total I've seen for a ski area. Meanwhile, this TGR thread has a pic of a tele skier getting a near face shot at Whitegrass XC area in WV.

HIghest totals in NWS reports: 31.0 Quinwood WV, 28.0 Brownsburg VA, 27.5 East Patchogue (LI) NY, 27.0 Hot Springs VA, 26.3 at the NWS office in Upton (LI) NY.

Glenn

Back from Southern VT! It's very cold this weekend. 0" of snow! However, the storm kept a lot of people away from Mt. Snow Sunday.