• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

09-10 Ticket Prices

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
About 2/3 of all Northeast resorts have now posted daily ticket prices.
For purposes of comparison, I look only at window rate, adult, all day, all area, peak holiday prices.

Some interesting observations so far.
1. While the general trend is for flat or low increases, Sugarloaf and Saddleback broke from the big boy pack, with increases of 9% and 23% respectively.
2. Mid to low sized mountains with increases of 15, 10 and 7% include Granite Gorge, Pico and Mcintyre.
3. Prices increases of 2-5% include burke, jiminy, cannon, mrg, jay, bromley and sunapee, tenny and shawnee.
4. Those remaining flat from last year include Stowe, Kmart, whiteface, sugarloaf, Mt snow, attitash, smuggs, windham, wildcat, hunter, ascutney ragged, magic,butternut, cranmore, bellayer, berkshire east, ward, dartmouth, black NH and bousquets.

The remaining resorts have not posted prices.

wa-loaf

About 2/3 of all Northeast resorts have now posted daily ticket prices.
For purposes of comparison, I look only at window rate, adult, all day, all area, peak holiday prices.

Some interesting observations so far.
1. While the general trend is for flat or low increases, Sugarloaf and Saddleback broke from the big boy pack, with increases of 9% and 23% respectively.

4. Those remaining flat from last year include. sugarloaf,

:???:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Not sure how Saddleback is in with the big boys but Pico is only mid to small? In terms of vert, they are both big. In terms of visits and presence, they are both mid. Given that Saddleback was so under priced last year at only $40, I am not surprised to see them increase so much. Even with such a big increase, they are still one of the best values in New England.

polski

Website
twitter.com

Judging from the discussion on the SkiMRV board, I suspect it's SugarBUSH with the price jump this year.

I too am not surprised that Saddleback and a few other mountains (regardless of size) have seemingly outsized percentage increases when those are computed off a relatively small base. Could be instructive to see the # of $ quantified. Then again, it's already clear many if not most of the biggest mountains have opted for very small or no increases this season.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Saddleback $ 40 $49 23% Black Mountain $ 25 $29 16% Granite Gorge $ 39 $45 15% Pico $ 52 $57 10% Sugarbush $ 75 $82 9% McIntyre $ 27 $29 7% King Pine $ 42 $44 5% Middlebury $ 42 $44 5%

I still remember bitching when tix went over 50!

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Wow, Bush crossing into the $80+ range, eh? This is when SRO steps in and mentions you can get cheaper off site tickets from selected retailers for that day (but not if you want to get there for first chair on a powder day ;) ).

Riverskier

I stumbled on a Sunday River trail map from 1987 last night, the first year I skied there. $27 a day, no White Heat, Aurora, Oz or Jordan, and they were claiming they had one of the most advanced lift systems in the East because they just installed ONE high speed quad. Wow, did that make me feel old!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Wow, Bush crossing into the $80+ range, eh? This is when SRO steps in and mentions you can get cheaper off site tickets from selected retailers for that day (but not if you want to get there for first chair on a powder day ;) ).

If the "selected retailer" thing are vouchers good for any-day, I'll stock up in advance... We'll see just how good the off-site prices are. Not yet posted.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Mad River Glen is showing $39 midweek and $62 weekend. Midweek is unchanged and weekend is up two bucks. When the snow is good, I challenge you to find a better non-discount price/value deal anywhere than MRG's terrain on a $39 midweek ticket.

Tru dat.Essentially no restrictions, show up if and when you want to.
I'm surprised they don't jack up the flat lander price on powder days! ;)

Now, we all troll for deals, and it's only in case of "extreme emergency" that I'll pay the holiday window rate anyways. But I have found it's a more consistently comparable measure than the regular rate. Everything is relative anyways, it gives you a general sense and give you something to scream about while we wait for the white goods!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes, SB is up in their pricing. Lots of talk on SkiMRV. Some are not happy. But they are still running offsite discount voucher deals and passes (including SugarDirect).

Saddleback: not a surprise. I had heard through the grapevine that Saddleback's manager was told to get his act together this season and to increase business. They have spent some serious coin there in the last few years and many haven't noticed. But things are beginning to change. Besides, they were probably way undervalued as it was.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com

Never been "for that day"...they are good anyday. Be tough to buy a tik from a ski shop in MA and ski that day. Your losing your touch Riv :wink: TB misspoke when he called them vouchers as they are reg lift tiks. He's probably thinking more about his upcoming nuptuils so he gets a pass this time. :lol: BTW congrats, see you guys this winter.

AS TB also mentioned the Bush has a new discount card that is much better than the Sugarcard, called the SugarDirect card. Check, www.sugarbush.com you can figure where it's at from there, right. :lol: Here are the basics, check the site for the details. Costs $99 and upon purchase you get a voucher for one transferable lift tik. 25% off midweek, 20% off on weekends and holidays tiks. After you buy 10 discounted tiks you another voucher for another lift tik and so it goes.

Snow guns are cocked and ready to fire Nov 1st, weather permitting as just about every other resort in the northeast that have openings scheduled a week before turkey weekend. As the real boss says we are not in the business of recycling water so if it looks like it will melt we will wait. Everybody should be doing their snow dancing anytime now.

Last edited: