• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/29/2019 Storm Speculation Thread

Glenn

NWS has issued an Winter Storm Watch for SoVT. Calling for about 7" or more of snow at this point in the game. Cool temps to follow, so this snow should last into the weekend.

Smellytele

StormTotalSnow.png

MommaBear

Yep! Already rearranging my work week to be north for Tuesday/Wednesday. 1/31 tax deadlines be damned!

Funky_Catskills

I warned my boss about this today... haha.. Good thing is he's in San Fran so I CAN start my day later to be in-line with him.. :)

Smellytele

The r@1^ snow line in southern NH at least moved further east and south. No t sure why the afternoon model runs seem to always warm things up lately.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

8" at Hunter. almost stopped now. We had very high winds most of the day. Thank You Hunter North.

WoodCore

A solid 6 inches at my abode in Northwestern Connecticut (Burlington).

Glenn

Looks like a decent storm for SoVT. We got nothing but rain in our part of CT overnight. Looks like the snowline was around Middletown CT.

Zand

4" here...Wachusett reported 6" (and left 3 trails ungroomed). First time this winter that we got straight snow and it was nice to clear fluff off the car instead of having to scrape.

benski

Elk got 5" by surprise so I went after lunch when i noticed that got all that snow. But boy its cold, my feet were cold for 20 minuets after turning the car on.

So Inclined

8" at Hunter. almost stopped now. We had very high winds most of the day. Thank You Hunter North.

Got a bit more on top of that from the squall this afternoon, too. Only after that petered out, close to closing time, did the wind turn hellaciously cold. Fun day - half bluebird, half snowglobe - if you could get it.