• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/12 storm speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

00z NAM is out, and it just buried where I live in New Jersey in approximately 22" of snow.

The scary thing is, unlike most juicy-juice NAM runs, given this is incoming colder than modeled, I dont think that's outlandish.

lstone84

Haha oh no banned from this amazing thread? How could I go on living. Seriously you guys are funny. I think the winds will be very bad tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

lstone84

Ban plan? Seriously? That's an actual thing? Ok real question. Has anyone rode Sunday river on a powder day? I tend to stay away from mountains like that but I like how it's looking for snow and would like to know how it rides in pow...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sunday River is great on a Powder Day. Huge terrain and plenty of opportunity to find untracked all day long.

What do you mean by, "Mountains like That"

It's popularity?

and yes, there is a system of temporary ban escalating to permanent ban. We do not want people trolling threads and turning them into mud flinging flame wars; which you seem to be getting your jollies doing here. So, cut the shit dude.

flightschool

Ban plan? Seriously? That's an actual thing? Ok real question. Has anyone rode Sunday river on a powder day? I tend to stay away from mountains like that but I like how it's looking for snow and would like to know how it rides in pow...

On trail on a weekday, it rides better than many IMO. It is so vast and has so many lifts, if you know how to work it there is untouched most of the day.

lstone84

I'm not doing that. I was genuinely concerned about what could happen if people take weather info from non mets. like gospel. Voiced my opinion and moved on. So should everyone else.

Mountains like that...yes..super crowded, not that steep (as I remember - it's been a while since I've been there), usually not in the snow jackpot etc.

lstone84

Flightschool and deadhead...that's what I was thinking regarding the benefit of high acreage there.

lstone84

Oh and also. I've never trolled a thread in my life. Alpine zone posted this thread on Facebook, that's how I found it. Clearly I don't troll threads...look at my post #.

lstone84

For those interested in commutes, this just in from nws re: start times...ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1392263125.556327.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
lets have a bunch of amateurs post models and maps they know nothing about, great, keep going!

This was your first post in the thread. Sure seemed like you were concerned with the masses being lead of the cliff by Benedict. Nope, not at all an unprovoked troll on another member.

And even if you were generally concerned with people taking his advice as scripture; who anointed you "protector of the naive"???? Do you call up your local TV station weathermen and scream at them for reposting models they got from the Weather Station because they maybe misleading the masses?

This is a ski site. People get excited about storms and meteorology.....some more than others.

If you don't like reading others excitement about upcoming potential storms, then I'd say AZ isn't for you.

At the very least, stop reading these kinds of threads if they piss you off so badly you feel a call to arms to troll other members.

Got it?

lstone84

No deadhead. Based on that pile of poop you just posted, hopefully never 'getting' what you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.