• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017 Volkl RTM 84

Drewster

New pair of 2017 RTM 84s 177cm for sale. Binding from last years model! 650$. Will be available at the AZ Summit.

Last edited:

snoseek

I had custom skis made for me for less money than that.

slatham

Out of curiosity why are you selling? I have the RTM 84's from 4 years ago and love them. Have been thinking of getting fresh one's as mine are getting beat up.

snoseek

Good for you

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I'm just giving you shit because you posted in the wrong forum.

There's a forum for equipment talk and sales on here.

Drewster

Out of curiosity why are you selling? I have the RTM 84's from 4 years ago and love them. Have been thinking of getting fresh one's as mine are getting beat up.

I also had the 13/14s and loved them, unfortunately they cracked underfoot on one and the other looked like the top sheet was pulling off. Volkl replaced them with new redesigned 16/17.

JDMRoma

He's a pussy and they're too fast ! 😜

Edd

Are yours the fully rockered version? They include camber now and ski quite different.

Drewster

They do have tip and tail rocker with camber under foot. They do ski differently than the original version, but they rip through anything on the front side! Great east "ice"coast ski! Price is very fair

dlague

I actually just looked those up. I have friends back east that ski RTM 84's. That is actually a pretty good price for those skis ($650) if you search online. My problem is - I have trouble spending that much on skis when I can find so many other great deals. Besides the length might be an issue for some as in a little short.

Good Luck!

JDMRoma

I actually just looked those up. I have friends back east that ski RTM 84's. That is actually a pretty good price for those skis ($650) if you search online. My problem is - I have trouble spending that much on skis when I can find so many other great deals. Besides the length might be an issue for some as in a little short.

Good Luck!

All kidding aside that's a good deal on a new RTM ! New folks new !!

Tin

All kidding aside that's a good deal on a new RTM ! New folks new !!

If you buy a pair of skis like that it should come with a free bowl of soup.

Rodney_Dance_Caddyshack1.gif

Cornhead

If you buy a pair of skis like that it should come with a free bowl of soup.

Rodney_Dance_Caddyshack1.gif
Did someone say bowl?

I've been on the RTM 84's for the past 3 seasons. That's what I paid 3 yrs ago for new, previous season's model. They were the white and green model with the box construction. They broke under warranty, but that was 80 days clicked onto 250 lbs. The boxes cracked fore and aft. The were replaced with last year's model. The new iteration uses a metal strip in the top sheet for the integrated binding to ride on. No issues with the new skis.

I like the RTM 84's. They're a good East Coast ski. Hold an edge well on boilerplate days. Wide enough to handle reasonably deep fresh. Narrow enough that they're nimble.

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

Tin

They do ski differently than the original version, but they rip through anything on the front side!

What about midgets? The original version was great for ripping through crowds of midgets. They were floaty enough to stay on top of piles of midgets too. Need enough float because they are ornery.

slatham

Are yours the fully rockered version? They include camber now and ski quite different.

No just front rocker. I would definitely demo the new ones first. I almost want to find an unriden pair of the same vintage. But maybe I'll like the new ones better.

Cornhead

What about midgets? The original version was great for ripping through crowds of midgets. They were floaty enough to stay on top of piles of midgets too. Need enough float because they are ornery.
They prefer to be called little people, but the RTM's will tear up little people. If there are little people in the forecast, I forego the RTM's in favor of the Kuros. The Kuros float effortlessly through the little people, and their titanal, or is it tit-anal, construction blasts through cut up little people almost as effortlessly as fresh little people.

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app