• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2021-22 Season Passes

thetrailboss

Staff member
$25 per day for parking reservations at Alta. $10 for those buying a ticket. Let the screaming begin. ;)

p_levert

๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ-๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐€๐‹๐“๐€ ๐’๐„๐€๐’๐Ž๐ ๐๐€๐’๐’๐„๐’ ๐€๐‘๐„ ๐Ž๐ ๐’๐€๐‹๐„ ๐๐Ž๐–--> www.alta.com/tickets-and-passes
๐‘๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐€๐ฅ๐ญ๐š'๐ฌ ๐–๐ž๐ž๐ค๐ž๐ง๐ & ๐‡๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐๐š๐ฒ ๐’๐ค๐ข๐ข๐ง๐  ๐„๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž
Mainly unchanged for 83 winters, skiing at Alta still delivers deep snowfall, sweeping mountain views and a laid-back vibe that generations of skiers fondly recall. What has changed is the weekend and holiday skiing experience at Alta. And while we can't go back in time, we are making changes to manage skier demand to preserve the Alta skiing experience going forward. Implementing a paid parking reservation system on weekends & holidays is a step in that direction.
๐–๐ก๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค๐ž๐ง๐ & ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐๐š๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ข๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ?
โ€ข Provides Alta skiers the assurance that there will be a parking space before driving up the canyon
โ€ข Eases early morning traffic congestion
โ€ข Alta skiers will no longer need to arrive hours before first chair to secure a parking spot
โ€ข Manage the ski experience by limiting the number of skiers to available terrain & lift capacity
๐€๐ฅ๐ญ๐š ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐š๐œ๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ค๐ฌ:
โ€ข Free weekend & holiday parking reservations for qualifying Alta passholders
โ€ข New Family & Friends benefits
โ€ข 50% off day tickets at 26 partner resorts
โ€ข $269 Ikon Base Pass add-on
๐๐ž๐š๐œ๐ž-๐จ๐Ÿ-๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐๐ฎ๐ซ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ 
Peace-of-Mind purchasing means that Alta will provide a full refund, no questions asked, for unused 2021-22 Season Passes until December 1st, 2021. Refunds will be compensated at the dollar amount paid.
๐’๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐…๐€๐๐ฌ: www.alta.com/tickets-and-passes/season-pass-faqs
๐’๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ง๐ž๐Ÿ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ: www.alta.com/tickets-and-passes/benefits
๐๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐‘๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ: www.alta.com/parking-reservations

The email suggests that the weekends are a problem and then everything is great during the week. I dunno, Alta is decently crowded all week long, including some waiting at the lifts.

snoseek

The email suggests that the weekends are a problem and then everything is great during the week. I dunno, Alta is decently crowded all week long, including some waiting at the lifts.
True, weekday pow days can get busy as hell. Lot of population close by that can cherry pick days. This is where the ikon hate comes from...its local alot of the time with that pass that create the surge

thetrailboss

Staff member
If someone told me five years ago that Alta would be the "sell-out" that it is now with crowd problems I would have laughed. I can't believe how much it has changed. :(

drjeff

IKON's purchase platforms are a total failure this evening as their earliest deadline is only hours away....

Sounds like Rusty Gregory needs to take a page from Rob Katz's apology playbook and own up to the short comings of his companies online and phone shortcomings during peak demand times...

thetrailboss

Staff member
IKON's purchase platforms are a total failure this evening as their earliest deadline is only hours away....

Sounds like Rusty Gregory needs to take a page from Rob Katz's apology playbook and own up to the short comings of his companies online and phone shortcomings during peak demand times...
Good luck with that. ;)

urungus

Finally received email from Epic today, $729 credit for not using my Epic Local pass this season despite having made reservations at Mt Snow. Because of the new 20% discount, I was able to upgrade to full unrestricted Epic pass for next season for $53. Not bad. Will probably not renew after that unless there is a huge improvement in their East Coast operations.

Dickc

INDY PASS

Purchase by May 31 for just $46.50/month

Purchase your Indy Pass by May 31 and take advantage of our easy six-payment, interest-free layaway plan. Just $46.50* down and $46.50 per month for five months gets you an adult pass and you'll be on the snow as early as November 16th!
*Does not include 3% service charge for pass processing. See indyskipass.com/pricing for payment plan details.​

thebigo

Had forgotten about the Freedom pass but apparently it is still around and free with a whaleback pass. The whaleback pass is a stupid cheap $180 for adults and $75 for kids. Freedom pass includes Sunlight and Cooper; make for a good Xmas week tour of CO with a couple days at Powderhorn mixed in. They also throw in a season tune at golf and ski; dont know if the tune is valid in Greenland or only Lebanon. Just need to convince the wife that the eight year old and I need a third pass for next year.

dblskifanatic

Had forgotten about the Freedom pass but apparently it is still around and free with a whaleback pass. The whaleback pass is a stupid cheap $180 for adults and $75 for kids. Freedom pass includes Sunlight and Cooper; make for a good Xmas week tour of CO with a couple days at Powderhorn mixed in. They also throw in a season tune at golf and ski; dont know if the tune is valid in Greenland or only Lebanon. Just need to convince the wife that the eight year old and I need a third pass for next year.

Not sure I would travel to CO for those three at the end of December unless there was lots of snow in December but the past few years have not been that nice. Powderhorn would be good for a couple days. Sunlight for a day - lifts are really slow. and Ski Cooper - Tennessee Pass trails will not be open by the end of December so the remaining trails are fine for just skiing. Either way a trip out to CO for those three is not worth it IMO - as an add on day for a bigger trip then sure but the GEM Cards works.

Overall, technical terrain at these three will likely be closed around the end of December so at best you are there to just ski them. A better bet would be mid February to early March. Sunlight and Powderhorn are tough since they do not get bombed with snow. I have skied both several times and it is hit or miss. Great for powder chasing if you are local.

Also with the GEMS Card from Ski Colorado two people can ski 2 days at all three for less money than buying the Whaleback pass. If you plan on skiing Whaleback many times then that is a different issue.

Last edited:

thebigo

Fairly certain Cherry Peak is the addition. Which, while I would love to ski, is nowhere near any of the other freedom areas.

p_levert

Fairly certain Cherry Peak is the addition. Which, while I would love to ski, is nowhere near any of the other freedom areas.

Well, of course, that's what the Freedom Pass is. Fantastic deal, except that it's really, really hard to use.

p_levert

You're not missing much.

I rather imagine that Cherry Peak is substantially more interesting than Yawgoo and Mont du Lac, at around 200 ft vert for both of them. And Cherry Peak is not so far from SLC, so its not the laggard in the Freedom group.

Dickc

I rather imagine that Cherry Peak is substantially more interesting than Yawgoo and Mont du Lac, at around 200 ft vert for both of them. And Cherry Peak is not so far from SLC, so its not the laggard in the Freedom group.
Don'r forger McIntyre in Manchester, NH, another whopping 200 footer!

dblskifanatic

Don'r forger McIntyre in Manchester, NH, another whopping 200 footer!

Or Lost Valley at 240 ft. Chery Creek does seem interesting enough but not the destination resort compared to others in UT. At least it has 400 AC and Eagle Point also in UT at 4 hours away has 650 AC.

Ski Cooper in Sunlight in CO are decent enough but also far enough apart