• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3/12 Jinx Thread

JimG.

Staff member
I'll hang out at home tomorrow.
Plattekill Sunday, then drive up to K and stay over for Monday leftovers.

IMO the timing of this storm sucks on the weekend and I refuse to get involved with the masses seeking powder for 45 minutes (for most skiers) Sunday morning. That's no longer fun for me, just annoying.

If the winds howl I might just luck out and get first tracks on Monday.

MidnightJester

Anyone looking or thinking of riding Smugglers Sunday? Can meet up at Smugglers Notch on Sunday morning to grab some fresh snow fun??

All trails and or glades are a option I am riding up solo currently.
Gas-flation ugggggg. So my 7-8hr drive each way and mileage(800 round trip) and gas and toll bill with almost 60 gallons used should come to $300 or more. OMG. No wonder I am truck camping this trip in some parking lot lol.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

I actually dont think this weekend will be as busy as per usual because if you intend to ski you better be driving tonight. Tomorrow's weather conditions will prevent a lot of people from hitting the road.

snoseek

I'm skiing Sunday but really looking forward to monday/Tuesday. Whites looking pretty good to me

Kingslug20

SB lower lifts usualy run in wind..never been there with total closure.
They were running the mall lift today..and it was an empty day...
How does that run in wind?

cdskier

SB lower lifts usualy run in wind..never been there with total closure.
They were running the mall lift today..and it was an empty day...
How does that run in wind?
I've been there with total closure (or sometimes close to it due to wind). Some of SB's lower lifts (particularly Super Bravo) are definitely pretty susceptible to wind. Valley House is a bit more protected, but even that one can go on hold with wind at the right velocity from the right direction.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Sunday Montage for me. 2nd IndyPass day there for us and 14th day using IndyPass overall this season for me and 2 kids. If this is our last day, I averaged $13.75 per lift ticket, including the charges for RFID cards. Cheaper than seeing a movie.

Zand

NWS point & click is 18-28" for Jay. Tim Kelley thinks 2 feet just based on the longevity of the snowfall.

parahelia

I’m at our place at Sunday River for the next week+ (spring break at my uni). With the wind forecast for Sunday, Monday might be the day. I think I’ll head to Saddleback Mon am - the higher base elevation could really be a factor with this storm. Not a bad day trip from SR and if the snow really pans out I can find a midweek motel for additional days.

Kingslug20

Looks like snow nit starting till 8..at least roads wont be nuts getting places...

MidnightJester

Ugggggg. We lose a hour of time this Sunday morning at 2am, Day light saving. That pulls a hour out of very little sleeping or driving time :(.

Last edited:

MidnightJester

I already got that covered I think lol because I probably wont get any sleep. I am fearful though Father time might not tell Mother nature to slow down the storm if he jumps ahead. I want some back end on this storm :)

So Smugglers Notch reported 4"at 9am and Stowe 2" at 6amish. "You think Stowe could give a 9am snow update" apparently not.

Last edited: