• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Advanced/Expert Womens Boots that are Warm and Wide ? :)

PianoGirl

Hello everyone! Winter will be here soon! :) I am looking to replace my current Tecnica Attiva Diablo boots. I like them a lot but they were always cold on my feet and i had to install a heater ( Surefoot at Killington charged me $500 for the heater.. more than i paid for the boots! :( ) The liners when you look at them are very thin... probably a thing of the times when i bought them.

My forefoot is on the medium to wide side but my heal and calves are average sized for a 5'3" height lady at 120 lbs.

Any strong recommendations for a light, warm boot for an advance/expert woman skiier ?

skiur

Go to a ski shop in a ski town and get fitted. They will have someone that knows what they are doing and will get you in the right boot.

Hawk

To add to Skiur. Every person has a unique foot so a boot fitting with a VERY repuatable person is without exception the only way to go. And cost should not be the determining factor. If you spend good money on anything it should be your boots. Also, your issues with cold feet may not have anything to do with the boot. It just might be other issues like, circulation, persperiation that makes your feet cold or even your core is getting cold. The first thing that goes is your feet and hands. Know fact. I would ask around and get the name of a good boot fitter and buy from them and not shop around. When you buy the boot from a good shop they usually gaurentee the fit and will make adjustments for free. Another smart thing is to get a custom foot bed. That also helps with being comprtable. Do not skimp. I use Joe, Steve and a couple others at Alpine options. I have never had any issues and have gone back for all kinds of corrections once the boots break in.

Hawk

I inherited the batteries from my wife and she got me the socks for christmas and have only used them Mountain biking in the winter. My feet stay pretty worm in the winter but I ski woods and bumps so it is hard to get cold unless I stand around waiting for people.

jimmywilson69

yeah I only have the problem of cold feet (mine sweat) when I ski in PA where I spend more time riding a lift than actual skiing. If I'm in VT or out west its absolutely not a problem

mister moose

$500 sounds very pricey for heated insoles.

I'll throw another idea at you - if your shells are still in good shape (And are the correct size and width) keep them. It's the liners that are packed out. Get a foamed liner like Conformable. Tell the fitter you don't want a race fit, meaning you don't want it molded to a compressed foot, you just want it molded to your regular foot. The foam will fill every millimeter of space in the boot with warm foam. Their foam does not pack out like factory liners, lasts longer, and fits better.

This isn't cheap. You will be advised to get a new footbed (Good advice, your old one is shot), and the Conformables will cost the same as a new pair of boots. Add footbed heaters or electric socks.

If you don't want to spend that kind of $$, consider trying an aftermarket non injected liner like Intuition.

If you are advanced/expert, your skiing will improve just from better fit and custom liners. They're that good.

If you go to Killington very much, stop in the Basin, they carry Conformable. Talk to Timmy, or Ray if he's in town this year.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
$500 sounds very pricey for heated insoles.

I'll throw another idea at you - if your shells are still in good shape (And are the correct size and width) keep them. It's the liners that are packed out. Get a foamed liner like Conformable. Tell the fitter you don't want a race fit, meaning you don't want it molded to a compressed foot, you just want it molded to your regular foot. The foam will fill every millimeter of space in the boot with warm foam. Their foam does not pack out like factory liners, lasts longer, and fits better.

This isn't cheap. You will be advised to get a new footbed (Good advice, your old one is shot), and the Conformables will cost the same as a new pair of boots. Add footbed heaters or electric socks.

If you don't want to spend that kind of $$, consider trying an aftermarket non injected liner like Intuition.

If you are advanced/expert, your skiing will improve just from better fit and custom liners. They're that good.

If you go to Killington very much, stop in the Basin, they carry Conformable. Talk to Timmy, or Ray if he's in town this year.
I use the Intuition liner now and my feet stay warm but I'm intrigued with Conformable. I'm due for new boots soon and I'll be checking into that.

vladimir212

Hello everyone! Winter will be here soon! :) I am looking to replace my current Tecnica Attiva Diablo boots. Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin I like them a lot but they were always cold on my feet and i had to install a heater ( Surefoot at Killington charged me $500 for the heater.. more than i paid for the boots! :( ) The liners when you look at them are very thin... probably a thing of the times when i bought them.

My forefoot is on the medium to wide side but my heal and calves are average sized for a 5'3" height lady at 120 lbs.

Any strong recommendations for a light, warm boot for an advance/expert woman skiier ?

K2 Anthem 100 MV is one of the best for woman boots

Last edited: