• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alta 4/5

tirolerpeter

mother!

I get their snow reports....been snowing for like 2 weeks straight there!!

Yes it has!

The amazing thing is that virtually none of it hit the valley. And, the little that did has melted very quickly. My house is at 4,748' (about 600' above the valley floor) and there is no snow on the ground and the temps hit 57 sunny degrees today.

TheBEast

Yes it has!

The amazing thing is that virtually none of it hit the valley. And, the little that did has melted very quickly. My house is at 4,748' (about 600' above the valley floor) and there is no snow on the ground and the temps hit 57 sunny degrees today.

Ah the beauty of Utah......

snoseek

I'd love to say how Colorado has just as good skiing as Utah but I'd be lying. I'm always so envious, especially calling Alta my home mountain for three years-nothing else compares to the Cottonwoods...nothing. I still have fun sliding down your leftovers.

tirolerpeter

We had 70 degrees in the Valley today and I took the day off to rest my old bones. Everybody thinks retirement is easy, but going up the mountain road to ski every day is a lot of work! The weather folks are predicting somewhere between 10" - 20" of fresh starting Wednesday afternoon/evening into Thursday. Oh well, I gues I'll have to go back to "work" up on the mountain ;-)