• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anybody ski yet?

Big Game

I was at Okemo on Friday. Really only 1 1/2 ways down. Things got firm for sure. But I guess you don't want to waste your first day on good conditions.I'm still sore.

I was wondering though, I saw some kid break his nose on Lower World Cup about 400 yards away from the bottom. He was dazed and his buddies were with him (of course I notified the lift attendants as soon as I got to them). Anyway, then next run down I rode over the snow bloodied from his banged-up sniffer. I was just wondering if this was good luck or bad luck. Anyone?

TeleGrrrl

Solon, Maine. Avatar: Mule Skinner, Saddleback, ME
Twice, at Sunday River on Thursday and again today. Thursday was much better, today much ofthe snow had developed large patches of ice, especially in the mogul trophs. Lots more people skiing today. On what was going to be my last run of the day I ended up 10 feet away from a snowboard /skier collision. Turns out the skier probably suffered a broken leg.

Looking forward to some midweek skiing.

dmc

JimG. said:
Hunter Mtn on Saturday, 11/13.

Me too!!! Great to see ya JimG... And Carl too!
5Hunter_11-13-04_Paul_2-med.jpg

PJ - Opening Day

Greg

Staff member
I'm jealous of all of you. My first day will likely not be until 11/26 at either Hunter or Jiminy. There's a chance I'll get out earlier than that if something more local opens up. I am off to the shop today to get the skis tuned as well as custom footbeds and a boot alignment so my mind is in the right place... ;)

JimG.

Staff member
dmc said:
Great to see ya JimG... And Carl too!

Yeah, it was a great time. I liked the shot you took of Karl; hey, I looked at the PH site and can't find the shot of me :cry: :x :D !

dmc

JimG. said:
dmc said:
Great to see ya JimG... And Carl too!

Yeah, it was a great time. I liked the shot you took of Karl; hey, I looked at the PH site and can't find the shot of me :cry: :x :D !

I caught you at a REALLY bad time.... :( You looked like a SPORE - which is NOT indicative of your style AT ALL..... Being a friend of the guy that takes picture will allow your bad pictures to get deleted...

Greg

Staff member
dmc said:
You'd do the same for me... :)
Can you post it, just for giggle...? Please.....? :lol:

To make it fair, here's a SPORE pic of me at Berkshire East last season:

Sparky

Went to Jiminy on Sunday and the condisions weren't bad. They only had two and a half ways down, but the coverage was not bad. Neither myself nor my skis suffered any damage. Looking forward to a good season.