• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone been to Mad River Glen recently?

TheArchitect

How are the conditions? I'm heading up to Sugarbush tomorrow for a 3 day weekend and I was thinking of heading over to MRG on Sunday. Just wondering what shape the trails are in given the weather in the last month.

4aprice

How are the conditions? I'm heading up to Sugarbush tomorrow for a 3 day weekend and I was thinking of heading over to MRG on Sunday. Just wondering what shape the trails are in given the weather in the last month.

Friend of mine is doing the same as you this weekend, however, he told me just last night that they were skipping MRG due to low base. Third hand news, but not hard to believe.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
They just got a foot plus...

I would be less worried about the base and more concerned with how things will set up overnight tonight. But that is true of all natural snow terrain everywhere...

2sons

We skied there two weekends ago and although the base was thin we had a really great time. My older son was unfazed by the bony conditions and skied all over the place, whereas my younger was not so happy on the steeper trails. This and they've had quite a bit of snow since then- so go!

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com

I was at Bush on Sunday and Mad on Monday. Get ready: IMO Mad had better cover. Snow in the troughs vs ice. River's point is legit though. Snow has been wetish. Cold temps could make things hard.

Confession: we ripped some groomers at Mad too. The all natch cord was fantastic. There I admitted it.

JFP

My family was there yesterday (3/1), our first time. Generally, it was good/powdery at the top and quite firm and chunky at the bottom- but definitely skiable. A mixed bag as we were able to find decent coverage on a lot of trails but the base is fairly limited in a lot of areas- there were some surprises. They had the vertical challenge yesterday which was cool to watch.. folks of all ages ripping down chute under the single- seeing how many laps they can do in a day. Pretty amazing. Great mountain.

TheArchitect

Well, I decided to ski SB all three days. It's my first time here and I'm having a hell of a time. I'll hit MRG on another trip.

watkin

MRG was awesome this past Sunday. (3/2) I stayed off trail the entire day and found a thick base with about 6-12" of softness on top. Alot of the tree runs had filled in beautifully with some really nice powder pillows. Got to look for it, but the goods were there!

I'm sure Sugarbush was just as nice, but there definitely was no reason to "skip" the glen.