• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

anyone have a history even close to mine....

Website
maps.google.com
a grandparent that came by herself in 1918 from warsaw poland to brooklyn NY at 20 years of age....raised two children by herself, learned english at PS 66 in 1922 & worked as a sewing machine operator....no one not even close....

dmc

My great grandfather owned the factory she worked at...

WakeboardMom

What do you mean by this? I want to make sure I'm reading it correctly before I respond. Are you saying no one has a similar story regarding what your grandmother went through?

He needs to take a look around.

Attn: Eric/BB/Disembowler: "DOOD...this is America. Stop showing your ignorance and acknowledge that everyone's got stories. Don't believe me? Get your ass off the couch and take a less-then-385-mile-round-trip to Ellis Island."

PS Let me know if you wanna hear my story of how my grandfather left Ireland with nothing but the clothes on his back after the Easter Uprising of 1916. Actually, dood, why don't you make a post asking to hear everyone's stories?

powpig2002

you left out the part where your great great........... grandparents hung out in the desert with moses and ate manna and stuff. hey wait. maybe it was a typo and they ate nanna and they were like the original donner party.

dmc

maybe he's just proud of his new found family history...

Warp Daddy

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Both sides : the Irish the Italian / me and the Polish and Austrian sides/ my wife all had this kind of beginning . In 2 cases the original immigrant was a single teenager

We are an immigrant nation that sure as hell isn't news .

wa-loaf

My dad escaped Nazi's and then the Russians. But I'm sure it's not nearly as interesting as your history ... :smash:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I have no history. I'm so awesome I made myself from gravel, 10 penny nails and no 2 fuel oil. Mixed together in a cement truck.