• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

anyone have a history even close to mine....

snoseek

I am a pretty direct descendant of Joseph Smith from my moms side. Always a bonus with all the freaky mormon chicks haha.

Hergini Coop74

Website
www.herlihyville.blogspot.com
a grandparent that came by herself in 1918 from warsaw poland to brooklyn NY at 20 years of age....raised two children by herself, learned english at PS 66 in 1922 & worked as a sewing machine operator....no one not even close....

Are you for real???? I assume there is a chapter reserved on how she had the children and what happen to grandpa....

Your story is no better or different than anyone else on here. Why do you think you are the only one????

Website
maps.google.com
He needs to take a look around.

Attn: Eric/BB/Disembowler: "DOOD...this is America. Stop showing your ignorance and acknowledge that everyone's got stories. Don't believe me? Get your ass off the couch and take a less-then-385-mile-round-trip to Ellis Island."

PS Let me know if you wanna hear my story of how my grandfather left Ireland with nothing but the clothes on his back after the Easter Uprising of 1916. Actually, dood, why don't you make a post asking to hear everyone's stories?

Are you familiar of the term Pogrom? hitler based germanys problems on less than 1% of the population Jews!! when ww2 started there were 70 mil people in germany 500,000 were Jews....most were small business owners very few in government....

warsaw-ghetto-prisoners.jpg

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Relatives "escaped" from the English Monarchy and immigrated to this country on The Mayflower :) . I can throw in a couple of President's too in the 'ol family tree, including one who's got his picture on the back of some paper that the treasury prints if you want too :)

Can add some stuff pertaining to D-Day and Iwo Jima and taking a business from nothing to very successfull for an extra tidbit or two also :)

No chit Jeff. We may be related.

Roots back to Miles Standish, John Alden and Stephen Hopkins here. Yeah, a soldier with short man syndrome, a cooper and a mutineer. I got good roots, right?

drjeff

No chit Jeff. We may be related.

Roots back to Miles Standish, John Alden and Stephen Hopkins here. Yeah, a soldier with short man syndrome, a cooper and a mutineer. I got good roots, right?

Roots are solid there in my book Marc! :)

drjeff

Damn, you know peeps.

Camp, I like to think that when they were bopping away with their significant others all those years ago, that they knew they'd be lucky enough to have me as part of their family tree one day! ;) :lol: :spin: :rolleyes: :lol:

dmc

Most famous person in my family os James G Blaine...
Sec of State for Arthur and Garfield

wa-loaf

My moms side goes back to the founder of Smith College and on to some of the early colonists.

ctenidae

I'm the last direct descendant of Jesus. So there.

Last, or latest? Because, you know, it's pretty cool either way.

You know who else was the latest direct descendant of Jesus?
That's right- Jesus' son. He was Jewish, too.
But a plumber, not a carpenter. Very upsetting that he didn't take up the trade.

mondeo

I really don't know much about my history, other than supposedly it goes back to a King or something somewhere. Don't particularly care. My mom's parents were a carpenter and a school teacher, and they raised one of the hardest working people I know. My other grandfather owned a saw blade factory and, grandmother was a nurse. Raised one of the strongest people I know. My parents combined to raise three successful children that aren't wholey self absorbed.

What does the history matter if the end of the line is crap?

Edd

What does the history matter if the end of the line is crap?

I agree strongly with this. The drive some people have to discover their ancestors is baffling to me, as if it matters. All that counts is your actions and how you treat others. Your stock doesn't rise or fall because your great-great grandsomething was a saint or an asshole.

Paul

I agree strongly with this. The drive some people have to discover their ancestors is baffling to me, as if it matters. All that counts is your actions and how you treat others. Your stock doesn't rise or fall because your great-great grandsomething was a saint or an asshole.

That reminds me...

My Great-great-great-great-great grand uncle was Saint Asshole.

Not that it matters...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

Because it's interesting and as a hobby, better than drinking?

I don't know, my grandfather spent a lot of his retirement digging up family history and genealogy. I amassed a great wealth of information that I still find information.

I hope you're not trying to make sense of a hobby like that on a skiing message board. That would be most ironical.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I have two grandfathers who both served on Tinian island. One was on the mechanic crew for the Enola Gay. The other was the navigator on the Necessary Evil. They didn't knew each other.

WakeboardMom

That reminds me...

My Great-great-great-great-great grand uncle was Saint Asshole.

Not that it matters...

Of course it matters!! Is he the Patron Saint of BM's? What does the holy card look like? Do you have a direct line and can intercede for those who suffer from diahhrea and/or chronic constipation?

I dunno...anybody named Saint Asshole probably isn't Jewish...