• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone like Bristol?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I have skied both Holimont and Bristol. Both have a few bump runs and if the weather cooperated there is plenty of off piste. Don't get caught because they love the excitement of hauling you in to the manager which happened to me at Holimont.
Some ski areas get all in knots over that. Berkshire East is that way too, but I don't think they haul you into an office. Maybe they have problems with the abutters.

Huck_It_Baby

I have skied both Holimont and Bristol. Both have a few bump runs and if the weather cooperated there is plenty of off piste. Don't get caught because they love the excitement of hauling you in to the manager which happened to me at Holimont.

Yes it rediculous. I've been yelled at by Bristol Patrol more than once...never hauled into the office though. Haha

Bristol's new trail they cut this summer destroyed a great unmarked tree run. BOO!

gmcunni

Berkshire East is that way too

interesting in an odd way.. B E has been on my "need to make a point to ski there" list because i have the impression they embrace off-piste* skiing. Pretty sure their Ski Patrol guys post vids here showing it :???:

* - i'm a crappy tree skier

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
interesting in an odd way.. B E has been on my "need to make a point to ski there" list because i have the impression they embrace off-piste* skiing. Pretty sure their Ski Patrol guys post vids here showing it :???:

* - i'm a crappy tree skier

Not so sure about that, unless there you have inside info. There are dozens of boundary signs telling you to keep out and lots of rope lining the trails. I've skied there several times now. Where did you get that info?

skimore

Management is more than a bit touchy about people going into the trees looking for pow.

Have experienced tree issue also there.

We went there after they reported 10" inches overnight. But they failed to mention there was frezzing rain after the 10" that put a 1/4" ice layer on top.

Never going back and only an hour 1/2 away

Huck_It_Baby

Have experienced tree issue also there.

We went there after they reported 10" inches overnight. But they failed to mention there was frezzing rain after the 10" that put a 1/4" ice layer on top.

Never going back and only an hour 1/2 away

Well I wouldn't write the mountain off totally. They still have the most vertical in WNY and 2 really fast lifts.

I've started to enjoy the cat and mouse game with Ski patrol on Powder days =)

skimore

Well I wouldn't write the mountain off totally. They still have the most vertical in WNY and 2 really fast lifts.

I've started to enjoy the cat and mouse game with Ski patrol on Powder days =)

Not after the treatment we received. On the bogus ski report day we made one run and went to customer service to see what they they would do. They were less than helpful and didn't really seem to give a shit

Huck_It_Baby

Not after the treatment we received. On the bogus ski report day we made one run and went to customer service to see what they they would do. They were less than helpful and didn't really seem to give a shit

I guess no one can blame you. They are assholes for sure but at 40 minutes away from me when 12+ inches fall I still find myself there paying them money to ride the lifts and rip their illegal tree runs =)