• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Apple's Business Model

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I like a phone that actually fits in my hand. Beside a bigger screen I don't see how the S4 is that much better. Not to mention they cheat to get good speed scores: http://gizmodo.com/ugh-samsung-rigged-the-note-3-to-perform-better-in-ben-1438949027
In the end its probably not....Just personal differences I like a lot more....In the end there all phones that do the same thing. I took a good look at the 5s before I bought the S4 and decided to give Apple another chance when the 6 comes out as well.

ctenidae

Interesting they hired the former Burberry CEO as an EVP- Apple as fashion article, rather than useful hardware?

drjeff

Interesting they hired the former Burberry CEO as an EVP- Apple as fashion article, rather than useful hardware?

Well for so many people, it is more of a social status symbol than an actual functioning tool for what they really need it for, so I guess on some level, this move does make sense :rolleyes:

Glenn

Yeah I'm up for renewal but iOS 7 runs pretty nice on the 4S so I'm going to try to hold out. It's close to having a new phone.

That's how I feel with it running my 5...it's a lot different and I like how it works.

Bigger screen: Wouldn't be surprised if that's in the works for the 6. I could see slightly bigger than the 5/5S but nothing phabletesque.

wa-loaf

Has anyone used one of those extended battery case or charger/battery packs, comments?

I had one for my old 3Gs, worked pretty good, but didn't fit well. I took it on a trip to the Philippines and it kept the phone alive for the whole trip so I could watch movies.

New iPad event today and maybe updated laptops too.

o3jeff

BackLoafRiver

Has anyone used one of those extended battery case or charger/battery packs, comments?

I have two; a mophie powerstation (http://www.mophie.com/shop/iphone-5/powerstation-smart-phones-tablets) and the Juice Pack Air that I received as a gift.

I carry the Powerstation with me when I know I won't be near an outlet for some time. It isn't very big so it just goes in the girlfriends bag or in my man-purse.

I still have the Juice Pack in its case. I haven't even bothered opening it as the Powerstation does what I need it to. Charges pretty fast. I didn't like the concept of the Air leaving my screen exposed. I suck at being careful so I don't want to take my Otterbox off.

o3jeff

I have two; a mophie powerstation (http://www.mophie.com/shop/iphone-5/powerstation-smart-phones-tablets) and the Juice Pack Air that I received as a gift.

I carry the Powerstation with me when I know I won't be near an outlet for some time. It isn't very big so it just goes in the girlfriends bag or in my man-purse.

I still have the Juice Pack in its case. I haven't even bothered opening it as the Powerstation does what I need it to. Charges pretty fast. I didn't like the concept of the Air leaving my screen exposed. I suck at being careful so I don't want to take my Otterbox off.

How long does it take for it to recharge the iPhone? How does it work in the cold? Looking to get one for hiking.