• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Challenge 2009: Tim Boyd, Peak Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
Hey Tim, thanks for participating. Great job with Mt. Snow so far! With daylight savings time coming up this weekend, it got me thinking about the "springing ahead" we now do in mid-march. I for one believe it is taking some real nice skiing away form us. Several times last year in March, with the warm days and refreeze at night, everything was bulletproof until 10:00 or 11:00 am, when in years past this really would have been 9:00 or 10:00 when things softened-up.
There are a couple areas in southern VT that extend/change the spring hours from 9:00am-5:00pm, even on weekends, when DST begins (on March 20 this year).
I for one would love to see Mt. Snow (as well as all other New England mountains) change to this policy.
Have you ever considered doing this at Mt. Snow?
Thanks,
Keith

That's a great question. A few mountains do this. Hunter and Sugarbush I believe.

arik

I also agree with the comment about Mount Snow's Sunbrook area having unrealised potential. Perhaps if the lift and snowmaking over there could be improved it would shorten lines on the main face which already is cluttered with lifts and had a ton of uphill capacity. Sunbrook has nice intermediate family friendly terrain with lovely views. There was talk in the past about removing some chairs from the sunbrook quad so it could be run faster, I don't know if that is a better option cost wise than a new detatchable lift. If there is a new lift at Sunbrook, will it's top terminus be put a bit further east (lift riders right) to allow an easier transfer back to the main face?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.