• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Corn Harvest Meetup (04/12 or 04/13?) - Who's In?

JDMRoma

If it really does hit 70 tomorrow, will that be the last day of glades skiing?

Skied lost boys yesterday, still had plenty of good cover ....depends on how much shade they are in.
Heard that Go Green was good as well as Global warming.....all with decent cover.....this was yesterday though.

dmw

Now I feel almost guilty for how awesome yesterday was!

dlague

How did a call for nice call for corn harvest meet up turned into a race? It's all Savemeasammy's fault! :)
I had a perfectly nasty politico mudsling with BenedictArnold going and then the idea of a ski-off crept in. That spilled over into this discussion and now there is a race. Sheesh....

Anyway, is anybody going to show up on Saturday? It really will be the better day. I'm fairly vertain that I will be the by about 10:30 - 11:00. Send me PM if you want to take a few runs togther and enjoy some corn

Wish I would have checked this thread! I was there and based on the weather radar today it was the perfect spring skiing day! My family bagged it around 2:30 so I skied for about an hour solo. I did try reaching out to Cannonball.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JDMRoma

Now I feel almost guilty for how awesome yesterday was!

Yah Guilty ...but Damn it sure was Good !! Amazing Day, it was nice to meet up with you and Bumpsis....I don't think we missed anything on the map. The upper Mountain skied awesome.......

Bumpsis

Yah Guilty ...but Damn it sure was Good !! Amazing Day, it was nice to meet up with you and Bumpsis....I don't think we missed anything on the map. The upper Mountain skied awesome.......

No guit here, just happy to have shared a great day with dmw and JDMRoma. It was so good that even the pain in my quads felt good at the end of the day. Another super day to put into memory vault. I hope to squeeze another one, if the weather and time allows.

Cannonball

So it turns out we didn't need a ski-off after all to separate the men from the boys today. A simple roll call was all that was needed. Mishka: present, Xwhaler: present, Cannonball: present. Everyone else: absent. Hope you all stayed comfy and dry. :D

xwhaler

Haha. Love it. Well said Cannonball. Crazy mix of sideways rain and puking snow/ice with heavy winds. Zoomer pod prob most consistent surfaces combined with fast chair.....the upper quad was brutally cold/wet/slow for me not quite dressed for the occasion.
Snow Surfaces were mix of wet fresh and ice. A very unique day. Glad I made the trip up. Great to ski with Mishka and Cannonball as always

Last edited:

xwhaler

I grabbed a couple presents for my son in the gift shop and as I got to my car I looked up at the mtn and realized I skied the worst part of the day weather wise. Could absolutely see better things for the afternoon.
How many additional runs did u guys get in? All down on zoomer?

Savemeasammy

Did you guys ski anything off trail? I wonder if the glades are covered and skiable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk