• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Back Together Again

Beetlenut

Well after eight screws and a 6 inch SS plate, my colar bone is back together again and I'm already using my arm. I had the surgery on Thursday afternoon, and came home yesterday. Hope to be skiing by March at the latest. :p

mondeo

Sucks. I broke my collarbone junior year of high school, think it was 6-8 weeks before I was cleared for physical activity. Happened late February for me, 3 days before the lacrosse season (would have) started.

The cool thing is because it was the kind of break they don't do anything with, my collarbone still has a bit of a z shape to it. Nothing like a good battle scar.

Greg

Staff member
Get well Bill.

bvibert

Staff member
Glad to hear the surgery went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

MrMagic

hope you get well soon bill, i heard you drove yourself over to uconn health center, i hope they treated you well there let me know if they didnt the good news is the bumps at sundown will still be there when your healed

WoodCore

I wish you a speedy recovery! On the positive side of things with all those screws and the 6" SS plate chances are you're not going to break that bone again but good luck trying to get through security at the airport! :lol:

Last edited:

Beetlenut

hope you get well soon bill, i heard you drove yourself over to uconn health center, i hope they treated you well there let me know if they didnt the good news is the bumps at sundown will still be there when your healed

Well actually the emergency room service was,... lacking! They didn't even get an Ortho to look at it, and didn't even have a figure 8 brace to stabalize my sholders. I basically just got the X-rays and drove home. It wasn't until Monday that I could see an Ortho in my area. After that, things moved fast.

Beetlenut

I wish you a speedy recovery! On the positive side of things with all those screws and the 6" SS plate chances are you're not going to break that bone again but good luck trying to get through security at the airport! :lol:

Yea, Thanks. It's pretty solid right now without much calcification! I'm using my arm pretty well (too much actually). The worst part was when the nerve block they used during the operation wore off. I choose to stay in the hospital for that, and get the good meds to get through it.

2knees

get started on the rehab and we'll see you in March. :)

and i'll throw in some vibes for a speedy and painless rehab.

lerops

Hope you have a smooth recovery. You will be back on snow in March, it is not that bad. And you seem to have a good attitude about it.

Beetlenut

get started on the rehab and we'll see you in March. :)

and i'll throw in some vibes for a speedy and painless rehab.

Hope you have a smooth recovery. You will be back on snow in March, it is not that bad. And you seem to have a good attitude about it.

Thanks, My wife is into homeopathy and so far with the stuff she has been giving me, its' not been too bad.

mondeo

Well actually the emergency room service was,... lacking! They didn't even get an Ortho to look at it, and didn't even have a figure 8 brace to stabalize my sholders. I basically just got the X-rays and drove home. It wasn't until Monday that I could see an Ortho in my area. After that, things moved fast.

I hope you drive an automatic? Driving one handed is hard enough without pain and without a stick.