• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Black Friday?

dmw

Total sh*t show or worth it? I've got 2 free passes to Mt Snow, 2 for 1 at Killington, discount at Stratton and loon... Does anyone have experience going tomorrow, any idea what crowds will be like?

skiNEwhere

It's a gimmick man. I've waited in line for black friday before. There are a COUPLE good deals, and I literally mean a couple. And they only have a few in stock. If you aren't like the first 20 in the store, you're not getting that good of a deal, because all the stuff marked down is already out of stock. Merchandisers play off of consumers notions that everything is on sale, and know that they are more likely to buy stuff they normally wouldn't because they think they're getting a deal.

If you're the first 20 in line, post a Camping Report on your overnight stay :)

I waited in line for 45 minutes at Best Buy a few years back, in hindsight I should've went skiing

ScottySkis

Total sh*t show or worth it? I've got 2 free passes to Mt Snow, 2 for 1 at Killington, discount at Stratton and loon... Does anyone have experience going tomorrow, any idea what crowds will be like?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Your talking about going to the hills to have fun or going shopping?

dmw

God, certainly not shopping. Never.

Wondering if anyone has experience going, whether its a holiday crowd blowout at the places I mentioned, etc.

Skiing. Snowboarding. NOT shopping.

ScottySkis

Wondering if anyone has experience going, whether its a holiday crowd blowout at the places I mentioned, etc.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
That's what I thought I have work black Friday for last 6 year's(retail) I don't think it be crazy busy at the slopes, If you go to north Vermont crows are usually lighter and Stowe and Sugarbush are both open, in Ny whiteface and Gore are open and in MA. you got Jiminy.

ERJ-145CA

Never done Black Friday shopping and don't intend to ever. Crowds annoy me, lucky for me I ski mostly on weekdays. If I were you I'd go skiing.

deadheadskier

Staff member

I would think this year would be a lot better than those in recent memory simply because there's a fair amount of terrain open to ski right now comparable to this holiday weekend over the past 4-5 years or so.

dmw

I did not go, girlfriend ended up with the day off unexpectedly, didn't feel like driving to take the chance of huge crowds, etc. TRs here suggest I should have gone...

Instead starting the season tomorrow at Wachusett.

Blizzard of Wahhs

my first day of the year.. 10/27. It was a manly outing with verts going down in the deep scheauuu.

Skintrack.jpg