• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bluetooth in Car

HD333

Someone please tell me setting up Bluetooth in the car with the iPhone is not as complicated as I have made it sound in my mind.

I have been avoiding setting it up for over a year now.

wa-loaf

The salesman did it for me when I bought my VW in the fall.

ctenidae

It's not as hard as you think, but sometimes there are little odd tricks.
In the MB, the engine had to be running (oddly)
In the Porsche, it had to be off
Range Rover and BMW don't seem to care
Acura was really fiddly, and seemed to take a long time/many tries (that was 5-6 years ago, though)

Edd

In the MB, the engine had to be running (oddly)
In the Porsche, it had to be off

Extremely weird on both counts.

I've got an aftermarket Kenwood in my Forester and the Bluetooth pairing takes 2 seconds with my iPhone. The thing I don't like on the phone is that you've got to select the device after turning on Bluetooth on the phone. I feel like it should just pair with whatever device it senses automatically.

(Rant) The Kenwood can do quite a few things but the usability is the worst on any device I've purchased. Menus within menus within menus, often the location of an option is non-sensical. I've got tons of devices and I'm typically very researched and picky before a purchase but I blew it on this one. The stereo guy recommended it and it looked pretty. Never again will I leave that to someone else. The next time I need to find the ultimate user-friendly car stereo.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
It's usually pretty easy. normally a passcode or something as a one-time setup. I've done it in a few cars recently.

My older Saab doesn't have BT. I'm still connected with an aux-in jack.