• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bretton woods April 30th

Terry

Bob you are tempting me. I will have to see what the plans are for this weekend. One more day would be nice. I'll let you know!:beer:

Vortex

I make my plans after I set my ski schedule. Hope to see you guys. Roark. I have a family event after K, but will be heading to my place after that. Lodging is open on Sat night if needed. I have yet to find out if the rest of my family is coming. Makes no difference.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I wonder if BW was responsible for Killington going to work on Superstar, here's a recent pic, this morning there was a hell of a lot more bare spots.

5051024.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nice Pic, Andy. Sure tells a lot about the cover and what they have going. Still looks good on Superstar.

bvibert

Staff member
thetrailboss said:
Nice Pic, Andy. Sure tells a lot about the cover and what they have going. Still looks good on Superstar.
It looks a hell of a lot better than this pic, dated yesterday!

thetrailboss

Staff member
bvibert said:
It looks a hell of a lot better than this pic, dated yesterday!

gadget.jpg

Wowsers! You're right bvibert. MUCH different. They must have pushed some snow around...or maybe substituted a pic from last week :wink: They lucked out with the cool weather this week...could have been MUCH worse given how warm it has been.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i may be down for sunday if there are still bumps on bode's run as stated in the other thread. i need something more than BW pitched groomers to keep me interested. i wanted to get up there earlier this year but their natural terrain and trees never opened.

awf170

riverc0il said:
i may be down for sunday if there are still bumps on bode's run as stated in the other thread. i need something more than BW pitched groomers to keep me interested. i wanted to get up there earlier this year but their natural terrain and trees never opened.
Getting lazy are we?(Your excuse better be that you are going up Tucks saterday)

And Bodes run isn't open any more. The only open run is one green. So there will be no bumps.

Vortex

Steve I would not think you would be happy. They were nice, but its a good walk know. The lift to them is closed. The patch was 50 foot long. Worth hitting, but not for walking for.IMO.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
awf170 said:
Getting lazy are we?(Your excuse better be that you are going up Tucks saterday)

And Bodes run isn't open any more. The only open run is one green. So there will be no bumps.
actually i was planning on tux saturday (not that i need an excuse :razz: ). i wasn't aware bode's run was closed. if there is only green circles open, it definitely would not be worth it, so i'll probably head up to jay and earn some sunday.

awf170

riverc0il said:
actually i was planning on tux saturday (not that i need an excuse :razz: ). i wasn't aware bode's run was closed. if there is only green circles open, it definitely would not be worth it, so i'll probably head up to jay and earn some sunday.

Why not go to Sugarbush. Upper FIS is one awsome bump run.

Hopefully I'll be able to convince my dad to go up Tucks Saterday. What are you looking to do? I was thinking about a couple laps in GoS then going over to hillmans. The TRT is a waaaaayyy easier hike down then the GoS trail. Though the hike from GoS to hillmans will suck with alpine boots, though I guess I could switch over to hiking boots(man I want some AT boots)

awf170

riverc0il said:
pay for skiing? this late in the season? :lol: i'll be hiking jay peak i think. i am done with GoS for this season.

Its $10.... And why are you done with GoS? If anything they gained coverage since you went on saterday, so it should still be great.

bvibert

Staff member
andyzee said:
That's what I was talking about, where the hell did they get that snow and did BW have anything to do with it?
I wouldn't be surprised at all if BW had something to do with it. They must have had some snow stock-piled somewhere to use though...

thetrailboss

Staff member
$10 is a good deal. If I was not going south :roll: I'd do it. Upper FIS is a sweet run in the spring time.

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
pay for skiing? this late in the season? :lol:
awf170 said:
Its $10....
Yeah, at $10, I thought you'd be all over this one, Steve. Here's a pic of FIS from Trailboss's trip last spring:

fis_from_lift.sized.jpg

That looks pretty sweet to me!