• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Broken water pipe at Cannon

Puck it

There was a washout yesterday at the bottom of Rocket near the FSC building. It appears to have been a buried pipe. Not sure if it is affecting snowmaking across the mountain but it is near the intake from the lake.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
When I was there before Christmas, there was a geyser of water at the top of the Zoomer chair a couple times. I don't know if it was a pipe leak, or if they were intentionally releasing pressure.

JPTracker

Jay also froze a pipe on Vermonter, which is why there is little or no snow making on it.

SIKSKIER

What time was that?I didn't ski the Zoomer pod after lunch but never saw anything.Are you sure it wasn't the shut down where water flows back to the lake?I was riding the Cannonball lift with 2 of my snowmaking buddies around noon and no mention of that.

Puck it

What time was that?I didn't ski the Zoomer pod after lunch but never saw anything.Are you sure it wasn't the shut down where water flows back to the lake?I was riding the Cannonball lift with 2 of my snowmaking buddies around noon and no mention of that.

It was after noon. It was something buried. And it washed out the ground in about 30' x 75' swath of the trail at the base by the FSC hq.